This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

With spooky season in full effect, Philly has lots of Halloween events going on that are guaranteed to scare you and help you enjoy midterm exams being done and over with.

Here are 5 haunted houses/tours that you can attend with your favorite people!

1. Bates Motel

If you weren’t able to get a ticket to attend this attraction with the SJU Student Union Board, you still have the opportunity to go, as it runs all the way until Halloween night (October 31st)!  Explore the haunted motel complete with actors and pyrotechnics that will definitely evoke some screams! There is also a haunted hayride and corn trail. Tickets range from $15-$20 for the basic attractions.  More info can be found at their website.

2. Pennhurst Asylum

Running until November 4th, the Pennhurst Asylum is sure to Freak. You. Out. Make your way through the “maximum security wing” and see criminally insane patients.  New for 2018, The Morgue will expose you to draining blood and incinerating bodies. Not for the faint of heart… Check out more info on the attractions and ticket pricing on their website.

3. Eastern State Penitentiary

If you haven’t heard about the Eastern State Penitentiary, WYD??? It’s an abandoned and haunted prison.  Although you can tour it all year long, for Halloween they run a special haunted event called “Terror Behind the Walls”, which runs until November 10th. With 6 attractions included in the event, you are sure to be spooked. Tickets are a bit expensive, but you can save money and time by ordering online.  Here is their website!

4. Fright Factory

Available until October 31st, the Fright Factory offers 3 spooky attractions: Industrial Nightmare, South Side Sanatorium, and Fright Factory Unholy.  I think the names speak for themselves. Go!!! Get scared!!! Tickets range from $20-$30, but more info can be found here.

5. Grim Philly Ghost Tours

An ongoing event throughout the fall, this tour is a bit more R-rated than the others, but just as Halloween-y! Take tours with witches and ghosts and learn scary facts about serial killers and more! Tickets are about $25-30.  Check here for some more information!

Stay spooky! XOHC,

Mikayla Miranda