The Perfect Pairs to your PSL (Pumpkin Spiced Latte)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Fall is back and you know what that means? (Well yeah, leaves changing, colder weather, pumpkins, scarves, etc.)  But PRIORITY wise Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are finally hitting coffee shops everywhere and are waiting to be Instagrammed, snapchatted, and enjoyed by fall lovers immediately.

Aside from the lattes, there are a variety of fall flavored treats that are perfectly paired alongside our favorite coffee shop finds that tend to go unnoticed. I’m here to inform you where you can grab these tasty treats to make your fall even sweeter than before.

Dunkin Donuts: Pumpkin Muffin

I know what you’re thinking, “wow, so original. Didn’t see that coming” but honestly Dunkin Donuts does this fall treat the right way. Topped with cream cheese icing I can promise you won’t want the fall season to end.

Starbucks: Caramelized Apple Pound Cake

Home of the famous Pumpkin Spiced Latte (PSL), Starbucks continues to impress with their warm apple cake topped with cream cheese icing. They almost make it too convenient not to pair with your delicious latte.

Panera: Pecan Roll

My mouth is watering as we speak. This delicious and fresh dessert from Panera is almost too picture perfect to eat. (Okay, you’ll most likely enjoy it’s beauty for a second, snap a pic, and devour it) Pumpkins? Pecans? What says fall more than that?

Bon Appetit: Apple Pie with Spiced Apple-Caramel Sauce

With a title that great sounding, I don’t even think this needs an explanation. Apple pie is one of the most famous fall desserts and is perfect next to a pumpkin spiced latte. Plus: apples are a fruit. Done deal. Healthy. Don’t thank me. Just enjoy.

I hope this article makes you want a Pumpkin Spiced Latte strictly to pair it with one of these amazing desserts. Fall is filled with exciting holidays and what better way to enjoy these events than with something delicious and perfect for the season. Grab your scarf, boots, and coffee and FALL for these desserts these next couple of months. You won’t regret it.

HCXO,

Hanna