Nine Things To Get You Excited For Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

It’s finally that time of the year when the weather gets a little crisper, the trees are changing colors, everyone’s wearing their comfiest sweaters, and everything is pumpkin spice flavored! In honor of the start of  arguably the best season- here’s nine reasons guaranteed to get you excited for fall!  Happy fall y’all!

1. It’s Sweater Weather!

My closet is already filled with my sweaters, leggings, jackets, and boots. If you

are anything like me than you are already excited for the comfiest season filled

with sweaters, plaid shirts, and cute scarfs to accessorize!

2. DYI Fall Decor (brb pulling up Pinterest)

Who doesn’t love to decorate their dorm or apartment with scented candles,  cute

pumpkins, and autumn leaves? Whether it’s for aesthetic reasons or to make your

room look and smell like fall check out Pinterest for new creative ideas and crafts

to decorate!

3. Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING!

Ok, whether you consider it basic or not the time for pumpkin spice is upon us and

tbh it’s definitely worth the wait.  Go head to your closest Starbucks and get your

obligatory latte to start your fall off right!

4.  The Perfect Weather

Fall is the perfect combination of not too hot and not too cold. There’s no worry   

about getting heatstroke or completely freezing on your way to class- just wear

your favorite sweater and boots and you’re set!

5.  Falling Leaves (is there a season Barb can’t pull off?)

Fall maybe known for its weather and comfy yet fashionable clothing, but there is

no denying its beauty.  There’s nothing like watching the leaves turn from all the       

warm shades of red, orange, yellow, and brown.

6.  Halloween Movies

Is it really fall or Halloween if you haven’t even watched at least Hocus Pocus or

Halloweentown? …And if you want to start a little early on your Halloween candy

no judging here!

7.  Cozy Blankets and Snuggle Sessions!

When the weather is starting to get cooler and at night it’s getting a little darker-

grab your bestie, a cozy blanket, and start watching some of the new seasons

coming out on Netflix for a perfect lazy fall day!

8.  Finding the Perfect Pumpkin

Another reason why fall is the best season? You can go to a pumpkin patch, pick

out the perfect pumpkin, get lost in a corn maize, and get your cute insta pics all

in a day’s work! Bonus: Get apple cider donuts- they’re always worth the trip!

9. New TV Shows (here’s what’s new and coming to Netflix)

Fall is the perfect season for relaxing with a good book or even a new series! Here’s

a look at some of the most anticipated Netflix releases coming this fall:

Stranger Things (season 2), A Cinderella Story, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory,

Riverdale (season 2), The Fosters (season 5), Miss Congeniality (1 and 2), I Love you

Man, and more! Happy Netflixing!

HCXO,

Callie