Need A Class To Take? Beautiful Social May Be The Answer.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Registration is here once again. Today we are spotlighting one class for Communications & Digital Media Studies majors and minors: this is your one chance to take a class where you will be more than a student.

Beautiful Social, or COM 473, is a course on Social Media and social change taught by our own Snapshot famous professor, Dr. Aimée Knight. In this class you will be working closely with different nonprofit organizations in the Philadelphia area. You will be a Social Media consultant for these clients and have the opportunity to help them with their digital presence – from creating strategies for social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to helping produce short promotional videos for their websites.

This class will give you a very hands on experience on the digital media usage and at the same time will give you a chance to help out the local community in a very 21st century way. Both, Samantha and I, have had the opportunity to work with amazing nonprofit organizations, and not only have we gained professional experience, but we’ve also formed connections with people who are working everyday to make a difference in the world.

If you are interested in the class, feel free to contact one of us, or Dr. Aimée Knight at the Communications Department in the first floor of Merion Hall. Also, check out Beautiful Social’s own Social Media: @beautifuls0cial and Beautiful Social on Facebook. 

Students Cara McGlew and Mike Chmielewski spent a day shooting a video for their client, a local cheese farm.

HCXO Nicole Enderica 

Born and raised in Guayaquil, Ecuador. Majoring in Communication Studies at Saint Joseph's University. I am a fashion lover since day one, I am pretty sure it is in my genes. I believe that knowledge is important, love and kindness are necessary, faith is what holds everything together, and being girly doesn't hurt anyone.