Meet the Executive Board: Alpha Phi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Best known for their Red Dress Gala, Alpha Phi is up next! Check out my interview with their Executive Board: 

Carleen Foley 

• Alpha Phi Position: Chapter President
  • Major/Minor: Food Marketing Co-Op
  • Hometown: Basking Ridge, NJ
  • Favorite childhood memory: My favorite childhood memories revolve around summers spent down the shore in Long Beach Island, NJ with my family!
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: The best gift I ever received would be a three way tie between my first pearl necklace, a plane ticket for a service trip in Hilo, Hawaii, or my Chihuahua, Chica!

Meg Thiel 

• Alpha Phi Position: Director of Finance
  • Major/Minor: Finance and Risk Management and Insurance, Double Major
  • Hometown: Havertown, PA
  • Favorite childhood memory: Boogie Boarding with my dad in Sea Isle City, NJ!
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: Satisfaction and happiness from helping a man build his living room in the Appalachian Region!

Teddy Starling 

• Alpha Phi Position: Director of Administration
  • Major/Minor: International Relations and Communications, Double Major
  • Hometown: Singapore, but I live in San Diego now
  • Favorite childhood memory: In Singapore, coming home really late from the airport and every time, eating so much ramen right as we walked through the door, all of us jet-lagged and all together as a family. We would talk about all the cool “American” snacks we had snuck in through immigration from Costco and so many other things at like 4 AM-those are very fond memories
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: The jewelry that my mum hands down to me. They are all pieces she bought herself when she was my age and working as a flight attendant away from home so they hold major sentimental value to me.

Gina Pontarelli 

• Alpha Phi Position: Vice President of Marketing
  • Major/Minor: Communications Major, Marketing Minor
  • Hometown: Churchville, PA
  • Favorite childhood memory: I think my favorite childhood memory is probably all of the times I would go on vacation to Sea Isle City, NJ with my dad’s whole side of the family. There are always 15 or more people, plus a dog staying at my house, so it was always so chaotic but always so fun! We would roll up to the beach at 9 AM (looking like a clan) and stay until 6 PM. It was the best! 
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: Hmm…the best gift I’ve ever received was probably my dog, Abby! She’s a cavapoo! 

Christine Wolf 

• Alpha Phi Position: Vice President of Chapter Operations
  • Major/Minor: Accounting and Business Intelligence, Double Major
  • Hometown: Haddonfield, NJ
  • Favorite childhood memory: Trick-or-Treating in Hawaii  
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: A dog for my 6th birthday!

Melanie Watts 

• Alpha Phi Position: Panhellenic and Greek council Delegate (Panhellenic delegate for short)
  • Major/Minor: Interdisciplinary Health Services
  • Hometown: Horsham, Pennsylvania
  • Favorite Childhood Memory: My favorite childhood memory is when I got my first puppy, Murphy!
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: The best gift I ever received was a family vacation. It was great to be able to spend time with my family, while on an island!

Annie Rosenberger 

• Alpha Phi Position: Vice President of Risk Management
  • Hometown: Margate City, New Jersey
  • Favorite Childhood Memory: When I had a bowl cut for the first six years of my life and I was continually mistaken for a boy (thanks mom)!
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: My Great Grandmother’s necklace!

Juliet Stickle 

• Alpha Phi Position: Vice President of Programming and Education
  • Major/Minor: Managing Human Capital Major
  • Hometown: Trumbull, CT
  • Favorite Childhood Memory: My parents surprised my brothers and I with a trip to Disney one morning. It was the best vacation ever and we got to skip school!
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: My ring from my grandfather. I wear it every single day, it is so special to me!

Janelle Furia 

• Alpha Phi Position: Vice President of Campus Affairs
  • Major/Minor: Biology Major, Interdisciplinary Health Services Minor
  • Hometown: West Chester, PA
  • Favorite Childhood Memory: My favorite childhood memories are the times I have spent with my 22 cousins in Sea Isle City, NJ over the past 21 summers! 
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: Besides becoming a part of the amazing Alpha Phi sisterhood, the best gift I ever received is my little sister, Jackie. 

Alexa Ragozzino 

• Alpha Phi Position: Vice President of Membership Recruitment
  • Major/Minor: Double Major in Marketing and Entrepreneurship and Family Business
  • Hometown: Mullica Hill, New Jersey 
  • Favorite Childhood Memory: For my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary, my whole extended family went to Ireland. While we were there my grandparents renewed their vows in the same church that they were married in, followed by a reception where I meet family from all parts of the world. It was an amazing week with so many memories! 
  • Best gift you’ve ever received: On my 18th birthday my parents gave me my acceptance letter to Saint Joseph!

HXCO