March Madness: Hawks Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Hello lovely ladies, and welcome to this week’s recap of March Madness: SJU Edition.While some of you may be sitting here like this at the thought of watching endless hours of basketball…

There’s actually some excitement to come from the tournament. Prime example, for the first time since the 2003-2004 season, our men’s basketball team made it to the NCAA tournament.On Thursday night we played against UConn, fighting tirelessly as we made our way into overtime. Although we were defeated 89-81, our team finished the season with a 24-10 record.Finishing his Saint Joe’s basketball career, our very own Langston Galloway completed this season as the second leading scorer in Hawk history. He followed closely behind Jameer Nelson (who went on to play in the NBA, in case you wondering) with 1,991 points.

If you’re included in the group of collegians on campus who participated in making a bracket, you know that we can still hold our heads high. After all, Dayton (who we defeated three times this season), went on to upset Syracuse in the next round. While we may not have come out on top of this tournament, we still know we are a fantastic team that plays with the most heart.We want to wish our men’s team congratulations on their season and look forward to cheering them on for many more years to come.

HCXO,Kiera

Kiera is a junior at Saint Joseph's University studying Communications. She hopes to be a wedding planner one day but currently enjoys traveling, crafts, and reading fashion magazines on the beach. She loves getting involved on campus and within her sorority, Alpha Phi.