Lou Vassallo: SJU’s hottest house party DJ

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

I am happy to announce our campus celebrity of the week, Lou Vassallo! Lou is a SJU sophomore who works hard during the week, and even harder on the weekend for friends and small businesses, as a DJ. Lou will be our DJ at our SJU fashion show, Saturday April 12th from 4-6 PM at Macy’s in center city. Check our Facebook page for details! 

We asked Lou a few personal questions, and then questions about his DJ life style:

1. DJ name?

Dj Louie V

2. How did you get into DJ-ing?

I’m always listening to music. I like all genres, everything. I have the go-to music collection out of my friends. I decided to take the next step and begin dj-ing. I love to control the vibe of the room, it’s the coolest feeling. People are pleased by what your playing and that positive vibe is the best feeling for me. Find Lou for your next party!

3. Favorite song?

That’s the hardest question anyone will ever ask me. Maybe Hotel by Cassidy, or anything by Pharrell. 

4. DJ Style?

I’m not your typical house and techno DJ. A lot of college DJs are all about the techno and dance, but I’m more about the vibe. I decide once I’m there what to put on. Maybe its hip hop, or rap. But it just depends where I am. I listen to everything. 

5. Is DJ-ing a hobby, or a long time career?

Right now it’s just a hobby, but I am training to become an MC. It’s a side thing but when I’m on a job like at a graduation party it’s so much fun. I don’t ever think about the business side of it. 

6. Famous DJ inspiration?

I don’t think I have one. It’s more of just my love of music in general. I don’t have a preference, I basically just use my love for music and make it work.

7. Best concert you’ve ever been to?

Justin Timberlake and JZ at Citizen Bank park in Philadelphia. Best concert I’ve ever been to.

8. Have you ever met anyone famous? 

Kevin Hart the comedian. He was super short.

9. What famous person would you want to meet in the music industry?

Pharell or Justin Timberlake. I just envy them so that would be awesome.

10. Dream city to live in?

Orlando Florida, or Rome Italy…because I’m Italian. I’ve never left the country and that would be the coolest place to live.  But either one works.

11. So you’re a DJ on the side, but what are you doing with your SJU degree?

I’m an accounting and Business Intelligence double major so I plan on getting my CPA out of college, and working at an accounting firm for the first couple years. That’s my goal for now. 

Lou is sure to make any party a good time, so if you’re lucky, you’ll see him out.  Mixed with his sweet and outgoing personality, Lou Vassallo makes for the perfect campus celebrity!