“What the heck am I going to wear?”
The question everyone asks nearly every day, but especially on the day of an interview.
Of course it’s actually your personality and skills that matter, but what your interviewer will notice first is your attitude and your wardrobe.
Here are some tips and ideas to help show that you are the best fit for the job:
1. Always keep your look basic and conservative.
2. Don’t be afraid to add a statement piece. If it’s a necklace to pair with your blouse or a great briefcase, it’s okay to bend the rules a little.
3. Consider the place your interviewing at and the atmosphere. If it’s more casual or laid back, try a nice pair of dark jeans, ballet flats, and a nice shirt.
4. It’s okay to say goodbye to black and grey. Lighten up your closet or even brighten it with different shades of blues, reds, and greens.
5. Lastly, make up and hair are important too. It’s not a Friday night so keep it natural and neutral. Have your hair nicely done as well. Whether it’s curled, straighten, in a nice pony or bun, keep it clean and polished.