Introducing ‘Campus Job’ by Erica Ligenza

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Campus Job provides students with the coolest part-time jobs during school, from Campus Rep roles to freelancing gigs, and more!

You’re probably thinking, but she doesn’t even go here! While I am from a bit closer to City Hall, I’m gracing the virtual walls of Her Campus SJU to introduce you to a fresh new way to search for part-time jobs and internships this summer. Because financial aid doesn’t last forever, and your spring break fund won’t fund itself.

Let me explain.

My name is Erica Ligenza, and I’m a junior at the Wharton School at UPenn. College isn’t exactly cheap (duh, right?), and I’ve had my fair share of challenges trying to make some cash here and there to pay for Wawa coffees and Sugar Philly food truck macarons (and that thing called tuition). But, we don’t have time to search endlessly for employment. We want to fill up our wallets and resumes with invaluable work experiences, where we make invaluable connections and harvest our own invaluable skillsets.

Enter, Campus Job.

Found by UPenn graduates, Campus Job is an innovative online marketplace working to revolutionize the way we find and apply for part-time work during the semester. It’s meant to be hassle-free and easy for both employees and employers to find potential job matches. Co-founders Liz Wessel and JJ Fliegelman created the organizations as an affordable, streamlined solution for businesses looking to break into the college demographic, and for students to kickstart their careers (and bank accounts).

“Companies have a huge amount of trouble capturing the attention of students, while students want to find work experience during college to prepare them for the real world. Campus Job is our solution to both these problems,” she said. “As a result, we’re already seeing businesses ­­ including our own ­­ hiring more students than they would have otherwise. Our team alone has hired a social media manager and hundreds of campus reps throughout the country through our own platform!”

And this is where I come in.

At Penn, I’m a campus rep for Campus Job, purposed with serving up information about the benefits of signing up for a free account (yup, 100% free!) and creating a professional portfolio. From there, each week you’re updated with new business partners and job listings on or around your campus – or virtually – looking for talent. The rest is up to you; send your resume and start making connections.

If you’re a business owner, Campus Job can help you recruit the best fitting talent to reach your goals. Businesses can also register, post listings and search the Campus Job student database for free.

“We plan for Campus Job to be the number one resource for connecting students and businesses,” said said Campus Job co­founder and CTO, J.J. Fliegelman. “We’re excited and certainly enjoying this initial burst of growth, but we’re primarily focused on laying a strong foundation to support the steady and rapid.”

They’ve laid a strong foundation and then some; some could say they’ve already made it to the roof.

Students at nearly 500 U.S. campuses are already registered, ranging from Harvard to local community colleges. Each week brings thousands of new sign-ups. As a result, the site already boasts an impressive active user base, encompassing all eight Ivy League colleges, the top 25 business and engineering schools in the U.S., and dozens of technical colleges and art schools nationwide. In less than three weeks, businesses have also posted more than 2,000 part­time jobs listings, with more than 1,000 new listings added each week. The site includes listings for everything from tutoring to marketing, to event staff and college reps.

Campus Job is also a resource for high quality, part­time jobs that students want but frequently have a hard time finding. Among job postings to date: campus brand managers for Uber, Lyft and T­Mobile, Wings team members for Red Bull, freelance writers for TheDishh, graphic designers for Metaio augmented reality and student marketing ambassadors for the New York Times.

Your resume needs a boost, and Campus Job can help.

If you’re wanting to gain invaluable (and paid!) work experience while in school, the process couldn’t be simpler. Just go to: www.thecampusjob.com/refer/erica. From there, add your .edu email address and mark “Erica Ligenza” as your campus rep…because even though I’m a Quaker, I still like Hawks.

Find out more information here:  https://www.campusjob.com/#!/