jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I’m Fine: A Letter to Readers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Dear Reader, 

This is not my normal type of article. This is not an opportunity for me to give you a list of how to do something. This is an opportunity for me to be authentic with you. An opportunity for you to analyze yourself.  I hope you…I hope WE find freedom in being real with ourselves, as well as, the people around us. In our society, when we are ask the big question of “how are you?”. There next 5 variations are some answers to this question: 

“I’m okay.” 

“I’m fine.”

“I’m great.” 

“Gooood.” 

“Alright.” 

In reality, sometimes how people feel is drastically different from the generic “I’m okay” response that we give each other. Sometimes how we really feel is: 

“No, I’m not okay.” 

“I’m not fine.” 

“I’m not great.”

“I feel terrible.” 

“No, I’m not alright.” 

So, I will be the first to tell you that it is okay for you to not be okay. You can’t always be okay or fine because life is not always okay. Life is hard. Everything has its difficulty, so you have every right not to always feel your best. You have the right to experience all your feelings both the good and the bad. 

HCxo, 

Taicha

Wideyveline Taicha Morin describes her upbringing as “Brooklyn made and Haitian raised.” Growing up, her parents, instilled the value of education that was passed down to them by their parents, while growing up in Haiti. This motivated her educational and professional accomplishments. She had the opportunity to intern for the Wall Street Journal, Protiviti, JP Morgan Chase and Bank of America. She attends Saint’ Joseph’s University as Cristo Rey Scholar matriculating in Communication Studies.She aspires to inspire inner-city youth to use their education to have a positive impact in their communities and beyond because they are powerful beyond measure...