“I Decided Greek Life Was…”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Hawk Hill is buzzing with excitement and resentment as Formal Recruitment for Greek Life starts this Sunday. Here at Her Campus SJU, we want to address Greek Life for everything it brings to our campus; joy, pain and indifference.

In the latest issue of the Hawk, one female student voiced her opinion on Greek Life on SJU’s campus. We give kudos to this individual, for not only sharing her opinion, but also not being afraid too. We want girls on Hawk Hill to not only read her opinion, but read others from a plethora of perspectives. 

With tons of girls going through rush next week, we will be publishing articles that come from every angle of a woman that has experienced life on campus with or without Greek Life. We will have articles from girls in Greek life, who rushed and dropped, who never rushed, and so on. At Her Campus SJU, we want Hawk women to feel great about themselves and remember that one’s college experience is what they make it.

HC XO,

Kate & the HC SJU Team

Hello Collegiettes! My name is Kate Gentile and I am a current junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My favorite things include my dog Lilly, traveling and really arsty instagrams. Oh, and I am obsessed with Kate Middleton AND Beyonce.I am a Comm major and double minor in Advertising, PR, and Entertainment Marketing. During my time at SJU, I have interned at Philly Mag, became a sister of Alpha Phi and studied abroad last semester in Roma, Italy.After studying abroad, I now want to see many places all over the world and live for moments of beautiful unplanned enjoyment- random road trips to the beach, stopping for a drink at a cool dive bar- you name it, I am down to experience!HC SJU is an amazing team of 40+ girls (and growing) who want to offer you content of news, love, college and more. I hope you enjoy the HC SJU site and my own writing!HC XO,Kate