How to Get A’s Without Stepping Foot in the Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

No, I am not writing to give you advice on how to get an A without studying. If I knew that information, I think I would have a lot more free time on my hands! What I am here to tell you, is where to go to buckle down and achieve those A’s we all want. In my opinion, the library is counterproductive. As a freshman, I couldn’t wait for the Post Learning Commons to open. Apparently, the feeling was mutual for the rest of the student body, making this one of the most crowded and most noisy places on campus (AKA “Club Lib”). Don’t get me wrong; I love a good club scene. However, to achieve A’s, we need to spend more time working and less time twerking. If you are looking for a quiet and comfy place to focus and study, look no further.

1. The Sunrooms- The second floor of Campion beholds two great window lined rooms that are equipped with tables and chairs. A prime, undiscovered spot on the SJU Campus. I love these rooms when it is chilly outside yet still sunny, because the sun has the ability to shine through the large windows of this room and provide that vitamin D we all need in the winter months.

1. Starbucks on Montgomery Ave- Just a short walk/ drive from campus, this Starbucks is much different than the Starbucks on campus. Trust me, I love our Starbucks baristo, Jason, and the rest of the staff; but let’s be honest- our Starbucks is probably one of the worst places on Campus to study as it is not only super tiny but also packed. The Starbucks on Montgomery Ave. is not only quiet; it is also furnished with comfortable chairs and a fireplace. If you love the Starbucks atmosphere, this is truly the perfect place to cozy up to your latte and study.

1. Merion Hall- Two floors of quiet, filled with different types of seating and tables make Merion Hall a great place to suit your studying needs, whether you are studying individually or with a group. Another positive about studying in Merion Hall is the readymade sandwiches, wraps, snacks, coffee and much more to fuel your study sessions. 

1. Town Hall Coffee- This is my personally my favorite study spot. Sometimes you feel the need to get away from campus and really focus, and this is the place where I can do this. This small coffee shop is also located on Montogmery Ave., right next to Hymie’s. It is home to the most amazing aroma and offers the best coffee, lattes and cappuccinos made with freshly ground coffee and espresso. If you are looking for a snack to go with your pick-me-up, they always have delicious, seasonal treats available! At Town Hall Coffee I feel like I am in a cozy, quiet coffee shop in the middle of a big city.

I hope you get the chance to discover some of these great study spots and take full advantage of the spaces SJU and its surrounding area has to offer.  Here’s to getting all A’s this semester! 

xoHC,

Lauren 

Hi Everyone! My name is Lauren Principato. I am a Junior, 5 Year Co-Op Food Marketing Major at Saint Joseph's University! This major is so special to me because my entire life has revolved around food. I am what you can call a total "Foodie" and to be truthful, I am food obsessed! I am always looking for and creating new recipes, as well as trying exciting, different foods and restaurants every chance I can get. This year, I have had the opportunity to intern with Wegmans Food Markets in the specialty cheese shop, so yes, you can call me a little bit of a cheese expert! Aside from food, I am extremely interested in shopping, having fun with friends, working out, anything to do with animals, and my wonderful, fabulous, sorority, Alpha Phi; in which I am the Sisterhood Chair! As you can see, I have a crazy busy life, but I would not change that for a second! I look forward to sharing all I know about food, nutrition restaurants and more! With all my love and recipes, Lauren