The Hottest Nail Trends of Spring 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Spring is finally here! And with the season change comes a myriad of new nail color options.  Whether its bright whites or ocean inspired blues, make sure you make your first mani pedi of the season one of the hottest colors of this Spring.

Shimmery Neutrals

Take your neutrals nails up a notch with an added shimmer finish.  Neutral colors go with any type of outfit, so they’ll spice up your look without clashing.

Left to right: OPI Rose of Light, Illamasqua Trilliant, and Butter London The 444

Shades of Blue

Like the other colors of this season, shades of blue have been seen on the runways of Tracy Reese and Peter Som.  Whether it’s light blues or shimmery teals, there all in this season!

Left to right: Illamasqua Cameo, Deborah Lippman Mermaid’s Eyes, and Essie Rock the Boat

Bright Reds

I always used to associate red nails with the holidays, but times are changing with this springs nail trends.  Seen on the Rebecca Taylor runways, this classic red look will never go out of style.

Left to right: Essie First Dance, Deborah Lippman It’s Raining Men, OPI Big Apple Red

White

Seen on the Band of Outsider’s, Nanette Lepore, Elie Tahari, and Carolina Herrera runways, white nails might be the hottest trend of the season.  The stark white is a simple, yet elegant, trend for this Spring.

Left to right: Essie Blanc, Deborah Lippman Amazing Grace, and OPI Funny Bunny

Social media and beauty obsessed.  Twitter/Instagram: @caseyamcbride