Halloween Recap: The Best Costumes on Hawk Hill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Halloween 2014 required you to bring your A game on Hawk Hill, as I am sure most of you noticed over what was dubbed on social media as #Halloweekend. Being the serious die-hard journalist that I am, I slipped on my detective’s jacket to unveil the best of the best, or most quirky, creative, and well-done looks that separated the pumpkins from the jack o-laterns. Read on for what I’ve found to be the most clever and well-executed looks worn out this past holiday.  

From left to right are seniors April Savarese, Alania Stockahusen, Rachel Assal, and Meg Thompson as “Censored.”

Sophomore Aly Homan reminds us all of the hilarious to-be stepmom we love to hate from the Parent Trap, Meredith Blake. Lizard included. 

Juniors Katie Killeen and Evan Megill are lookin’ nerdy. Kudos to a new take on a classic costume. 

Sophomores Catherine Tatigian, Gianna Santamauro, Piper Bateman, and Alana Paolella pose perfectly plastic as the cast of Mean Girls. 

Seniors Caroline Maghini and Kate Gentile channeled their inner Picasso to paint the town on Halloween. 

Personally curious to know how many people tried to take a bite of our favorite drunken food this weekend,  junior Collen Price celebrates what is important in life in her pizza costume! 

Juniors Morgan Hammerstone and Olivia Cvelic raise their arms for women’s rights and a seriously retro-cool costume. 

Group skeleton done right by Justine Sweeney, Nicole Goodwin, Malley Pattwell, and Chelsea Padilla. 

Solo skeleton done beautifully by senior Giana Alongi. 

Congrats on a creative Halloween, Hawk Hill! 

HCXO, 

Allie