Greek Week: Rock Your Letters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

In the midst of a vexing time for Greek life here on Hawk Hill, one of the best moments of the semester has come for letter bearing students: Greek Week 2014. Things are a little different this Spring, but that doesn’t change the fact that many Greek students are sporting their letters all over campus with pride.

Wearing your letters is a symbol of your sisterhood or brotherhood and should be worn however you feel best represents your chosen chapter. Therefore, I won’t tell you what you should be wearing with them, but instead show three sorority women that are taking their letters from basic to bold.

Name: Cristina Filosa

Year: Sophomore

Sorority: Phi Sigma Sigma

Phi Sigma Sigma is our newest sorority on campus! Cristina is proudly representing at Free Period. She paired her light pink and polka dot letters with black leggings, button down chambray, Sperries and a brown leather tote. This is a well executed ready for class outfit that includes colorful letters. If your letters are a pattern like polkdot or stripes, keep the rest of your outfit with solid coloring.

Name: Alexa Jaffe

Year: Sophomore

Sorority: Alpha Gamma Delta

Alexa is wearing her letters not only on her shirt but also her tote bag! Letter bearing bags are always a great way to rep your sorority when your outfit might have to be more presentation ready. Alexa pairs her letters with lighter jeans (fun for Spring), Sperries, and a comfy knit nude cardigan, great for throwing on when it’s still a little to chilly for just a tee. Alexa brings her Greek outfit to even more fabulousness with unique purple shades and a bold necklace.

Name: Janelle Furia

Year: Sophomore

Sorority: Alpha Phi

Janelle color coordinated her letters with her whole outfit amazingly with three easy things; sneakers, jeans and a flannel! Everyone has these essentials and can pair it with any similar colored letter shirt. Janelles red letters pop with her red and blue fitted flannel, along with her dark cuffed jeans and old school white Converses.

Keep your eye out this week for more Greek Glamour amongst our sorority women and men!

HC XO,

Kate

Hello Collegiettes! My name is Kate Gentile and I am a current junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. My favorite things include my dog Lilly, traveling and really arsty instagrams. Oh, and I am obsessed with Kate Middleton AND Beyonce.I am a Comm major and double minor in Advertising, PR, and Entertainment Marketing. During my time at SJU, I have interned at Philly Mag, became a sister of Alpha Phi and studied abroad last semester in Roma, Italy.After studying abroad, I now want to see many places all over the world and live for moments of beautiful unplanned enjoyment- random road trips to the beach, stopping for a drink at a cool dive bar- you name it, I am down to experience!HC SJU is an amazing team of 40+ girls (and growing) who want to offer you content of news, love, college and more. I hope you enjoy the HC SJU site and my own writing!HC XO,Kate