This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Winter is finally over!!! Well, almost. As the temperatures rise and the layers come off, the make up gets brighter. It is finally time to say goodbye to your chapped lips and dark lipstick, and hello to your pinks, peaches, and maybe even your purple colors. As a lip-product junkie, I am going to give a few tips as to how to get the perfect smooth, spring lips.

Tip # 1: Exfoliate

Lips are just like the skin on our faces, which obviously needs to be exfoliated, especially as the seasons change. Whether you use a lip scrub, a toothbrush, or a DIY honey and sugar scrub, the dead skin needs to come off in order to have smooth lips. Exfoliate at least four times a week.

Tip # 2: Moisturize

Like exfoliation, moisturizing is vital for healthy lips. Unlike the rest of the skin, lips do not have pores. Apply immediately after exfoliating, and throughout the day. My favorite is L’Occitane “Shea Butter Ultra Rich Lip Balm.” Moisturized lips always look fuller.  

Tip # 3 Color

Wearing brighter colors really makes smiles pop, and adds contrast to the face. Brighter colors also match spring wardrobes much better than dark neutrals. My absolute favorite color is Lipstick Queen’s “Frog Prince.” This stuff is seriously amazing. The color looks green, but this lipstick is special because when you apply the color, it reads the ph in your lips, and then matches to your perfect shade of pink. Amazing.

Tip # 4 Plump

Go get some lip injections, like Kylie Jenner. Just kidding! If you want to achieve fuller looking lips, and have trouble using lip liner, Soap&Glory makes a great lip gloss with collagen, and their own oil infusion that makes you lips tingle and swell. The gloss goes on so smooth, and your lips look pouty and shiny.

That’s all for now! What are your favorite lip tips?

HCXO,

Katherine