Five Summer Internships in Philly: Applications still Available

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Still searching for a summer internship? Look no further. Although summertime is right around the corner and many companies have stopped taking internship applications, there is still a chance for you to secure an amazing internship this summer. Collegians, don’t shy away from unpaid internships! Your internship shouldn’t be about just the money, but rather the experience that it will give you, and the connections you are inevitably going to make. Internships are also great because even if they are unpaid, you can earn college credit- it’s just like taking a class, but you get the experience and the ability to add to your already polished resume. Often internships even lead to full time job offers, so take the opportunity and open a new door for yourself- it’s not too late! Here are some fabulous internships that are still taking applications for this coming summer 2014 in Philadelphia:

1. Wedding Planning Intern at The Event Boutique:

Deadline: “ASAP”

Hours: TBA, Unpaid

Description: The Event Boutique, LLC is an event management company servicing PA, NJ, and DE. The Event Boutique manages and coordinates a diverse array of events, specializing in the design of custom wedding celebrations. After four years as a growing business, The Event Boutique has been rated one of the top Philadelphia-based wedding design companies on PHL17’s Philly Hotlist, has received multiple Bride’s Choice awards via Wedding Wire, and takes great pride in catering to the needs of every client. The Event Boutique is currently seeking a hands-on Intern. 

For more information and to apply, click here.

2. Summer Marketing/Sales Internship at McFaddens Ball Park:

Deadline: No deadline

Hours: Timeframe from 5/18-8/19, work schedules will be built around the students’ needs; mandatory 2 days or 10 hours a week for 12 weeks

Description: McFadden’s Ball Park, located in Citizen’s Bank Ball Park, is searching for outgoing students for their Summer Marketing and Sales Internship program. This internship is ideal for young professionals looking for promotional, hospitality and / or restaurant experience. Your interactive internship at McFadden’s Ball Park will include such day to day activities such as general sales and customer relationship building, assist with general office work, E-Marketing and Telemarketing Experience, networking with local businesses and professionals, assisting with special events and appropriate meetings.

For more information click here.

Please contact Neina at Langford.neina@gmail.com to schedule an interview.

3. Youth Programs Internship at The Franklin Institute:

Deadline: Available year round

Hours: Part time, Unpaid

Description: The Youth Programs Intern will be working with the PACTS Program; which has students in grades 6-12, from the greater Philadelphia area and come from diverse backgrounds. Interns will be working in Saturday morning workshops or a six week summer camp. The intern should have a demonstrated interest in working with and mentoring middle and high school students. The Youth Programs Intern will have the following responsibilities while at The Franklin Institute: maintaining the PACTS database of students, gathering and organizing supplies for Saturday workshops, helping to develop and finalize the summer camp curriculum and trips and work as a lead counselor in the summer camp, and other tasks as assigned. 

For more information, click here.

To apply for this position, please contact The Franklin Institute at volprog@fi.edu or 215-448-1163 to request an Internship Application.

4.The Philadelphia Eagles Internship Program:

There are full-time or part-time internships for academic credit available in Marketing, Public Relations/Communications, Community Relations, Human Resources, Corporate Sales and Services, Premium Sales, Premium Services, Guest Services, Event Services, Internet Services, Multimedia, Merchandise, Media Relations, Accounting, Ticketing Services, and Stadium Operations.

Check out the descriptions here.

For more information please contact the Human Resources Department at (215)463-2500 – OR – E-mail a cover letter and your resume to InternRecruiting@eagles.nfl.com.

5. Community Affairs/Corporate Communications Intern at QVC in West Chester PA:

Deadline: “ASAP”

Hours: TBA

Description: QVC, Inc., a world-class global shopping community and one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world, is seeking a dynamic and passionate Community Affairs Intern to support our growing Corporate Communications and Community Affairs team.

This is a unique opportunity to learn global Community Affairs and Corporate Social Responsibility at a growing retail, eCommerce and television company. Gain hands-on experience and contribute to exciting work while learning from the industry’s best and brightest—in a fast-paced and innovative environment.

For job duties/qualifications and to apply, click here.

Search yourself for more internships at Internships.com, Internmatch, and Campus Philly.

Good luck!!

HCXO