Style

Five Fashion Trends that are Making a Comeback

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

The recent release of the Jonas Brothers’ new song, “Sucker” is definitely a sign that 2019 is the year of comebacks. As always, fashion has the tendency to repeat itself. Here are the latest “blast from the past” fashion trends that are making a comeback this spring and summer season.

1. Scrunchies

This 80s marvel of a hair accessory is the perfect thing to pair with any outfit this spring. Varying in different shapes, sizes, and patterns, this accessory can add a pop of color to any look you’re going for.  The American Eagle store was filled with cute and affordable scrunchies to add to the collection of scrunchies to pair for the perfect outfit.

1. Platform shoes

To all the short people out there, it is our time to shine because platform shoes are BACK. These shoes are perfect to add a little height to yourself without having to wear the dreadful and painful heels. From sandals to sneakers, platform style shoes can be found everywhere. Recently around campus I have seen everyone rocking the Steve Madden platform sneakers and slip-ons.

1. Bootcut Jeans

After Mamma Mia 2: Here We Go Again was released, I have seen bootcut jeans everywhere. I credit the goddess, Lily James herself for inspiring this trend. The jeans are perfect to add a little bit of edginess to a rather casual look, but are also super simple to dress up.

1. Snakeskin

Welcome to the jungle because animal prints are back in style. One pattern that has been particularly popular is snakeskin. From dresses to shoes and purses to pants, this print is the new hottest trend.

1. Detailed Jeans

Out with the old and in with the new…this season, everyone is tired of basic denim blue jeans. To add a little spice to a pair of jeans, I have seen many people with fun and funky detailed patterns on their jeans. From star to flowers, just about any pattern goes well with this fun new trend. Even Free People has joined the trend with their adorable daisy-stitched jeans.

HCXO,

Danielle

Marketing Major
Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent