Five Essentials for Everything Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Saying goodbye to our favorite cut-offs and flip-flops is never easy but every college girl  can rejoice in their favorite season: fall! Classes are in full swing & the blistering heat no longer ruins your outfits, so, grab your pumpkin spiced latte and read on to see what trends will make all eyes on you on campus.

1.  Blanket scarves

The perfect (& comfiest!) accessory to keep warm and make any plain top more fashionable. Throw on your favorite plaid, checkered, or houndstooth to bundle up for the brisk winds and dropping temps.

Modcloth- “Fall Night Long Scarf $24.99

2.Flannels

Paired with jeans or leggings, flannels are the quickest but cutest way to look put together before your 8am class. Accessorize with a quilted or fur vest flannels are versatile  for both day and night. Plus you can even steal your boyfriend’s for a comfier look! 

Madewell- Ex-Boyfriend Shirt in Buffalo Plaid $82.00

3.Capes

Instead of pulling out the puffy coats and peacoats opt for on-trend cape. Not only are warm they can be dressed up with jeans or a simple dress and riding boats. This new style will be huge for fall so stock up now.

Francesca’s – Reversible Herringbone Wrap $38.00

4.Hats

Cover those bad hair days with something other than a sorority baseball hat. Either floppy or fedora, opt for big hat to complete a dramatic fall outfit worthy of hundreds of Insta likes. Choose from either classic black all the way to cutting-edge maroon, the options are endless. 

Urban Outfitters- Brixton Magdalena Wool Hat $40.00

5.Booties

Last but definitely not least, booties are back for fall the various styles are endless. Fringe, suede, rocker,country the types can work for any outfit. Keep the heel low for running around campus in the day and amp up the wedge for a night out with the girls. Booties will be your go-to for the entire season. 

Steve Madden- Countryy $129.95

Stay stylish & warm!

xoxo Liz

Hey there! I'm Liz Novatnack, a junior Inter. Health Services major with a minor in Biology and Healthcare Ethics. When not writing style features for HCSJU I participate in the Alpha Phi sorority,  run races, and of course go shopping. 
Clare is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus SJU.  She joined the team in August of 2014 as a contributing writer and later was elected to be the chapter's first secretary.  She is a Chicago native who is currently a junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia.  At SJU she is a Communication Studies major, Advertising and Promotions minor, and is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta. This upcoming summer, Clare will be interning at BHLDN, an URBN company.