Fashion Week Trends for the College Fashionista

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Super bummed you had to strut to classes instead of seeing the world’s top models strut down New York’s Fashion Week catwalks? No worries you can still recap on the hottest designers and newest trends for the fall and winter seasons. Even better, you can still be chic on a college student budget.

The LC Lauren Conrad Runway Collection was debuted as an exclusive line at Kohl’s showcasing apparel, shoes, and accessories starting at $12 to $200. The collection, deemed “sophisticated & enchanting” mixes super girly pastels and pink hues with high-fashion fur vests and cocktail dresses.

Showcasing powerhouse models like Karlie Kloss, Gigi Hadid, and of course Kendall Jenner, Diane von Furstenberg highlighted the working women’s wardrobe with black & white pieces. In addition, she even modernized her ever popular wrap dress with a deep-V, proving sophisticated can still be sexy. Her collection is perfect for internships and the transition from college to the working world.

In typical Miley fashion, the collaboration of iconic Jeremy Scott and eccentric Miley definitely drove a wrecking ball into the fashion world. More a spectacle than a show, the line displayed Shrek sweaters, hot pants, and even fuzzy slippers for a more vibrant runway. However, many bright dresses would be perfect for a night at the club with many friends.

In a whole week of top fashion brands and designers there were so many great shows to cover but here was a glimpse of the most college friendly styles and prices for the college fashionista!

Hey there! I'm Liz Novatnack, a junior Inter. Health Services major with a minor in Biology and Healthcare Ethics. When not writing style features for HCSJU I participate in the Alpha Phi sorority,  run races, and of course go shopping. 
Clare is currently the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus SJU.  She joined the team in August of 2014 as a contributing writer and later was elected to be the chapter's first secretary.  She is a Chicago native who is currently a junior at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia.  At SJU she is a Communication Studies major, Advertising and Promotions minor, and is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta. This upcoming summer, Clare will be interning at BHLDN, an URBN company.