Fancy Up Your Footwear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

It is safe to say that girls this fall and winter really took the combat boot trend and ran with it…maybe a little too far. While combat boots are super cool, try some new looks this spring to keep your style fresh. Here are some alternatives to the combat boot that can spice up your winter wardrobe as the season comes to an end, and also help you transition into spring.

1. Converse

I’m not sure if Chucks ever necessarily went ‘out’ of style, but I know these timeless sneakers are more than ‘in’ style right now. Whether you are into high tops, or low tops, bold colors of neutral colors, there is bound to be a pair of Chuck T’s that fit your personal style.

2. Dr. Martens

Dr. Martens offer a different style of boot than your typical combat or riding boot. They are a little bit edgier, but still come in plenty of fun colors and patterns. They are also a little bit tougher to break in than your average boot, but it is worth it because certain Docs come with a “for life guarantee”. 

3. Vans

These “off the wall” sneakers have been around since 1966 and have made a huge comeback as of lately. They are super comfortable and come in just about every color and pattern you can think of.

Ladies do not be afraid to take risks and step out of the box with shoes for the rest of the winter and into the spring. Let your style be expressed through your footwear just as it is the rest of your clothing. As the saying goes, “give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world”.

My name is Paige Kacmar, I am a marketing major at Saint Joseph's University. I am so excited to be part of the HerCampus SJU team. I love every little thing about Saint Joe's and could not imagine myself spending these four years anywhere else. Along with writing for this blog I am also a member of the university's dance team. I am obsessed with basketball season and love cheering on the hawks! When I'm not dancing or writing you can usually find me online shopping at Urban Outfitters, eating Doritos, or stalking Kylie Jenner's Instagram.