Style

Easy and Last Minute Halloween Costumes for You and Your Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Well, it’s finally that time of the year… Halloween is quickly approaching! No matter what you plan on doing this Halloweekend, here are a few suggestions for some cute costumes that don’t require too much time, money, or TBH effort.

1. A Flapper

Bring out your LBD and a string of pearls and get ready to party like it’s 1920. Don’t forget to dig through your closet to convert an old headband into the classic flapper feather headband. Bonus points if you get a boa!

2. Your Favorite TV Character

Okay, so whether you choose to dress as the iconic Rachel and Monica (Friends), Betty and Veronica (Riverdale) or Blair and Serena (Gossip Girl) you don’t need much to pull off your costume and look like you’re straight out of the CW! For the Queen B and S, grab your old school uniforms or any plaid skirt to pair with a white long sleeved shirt and socks. If you’re Blair, don’t forget your signature headband!

3. A Tourist

Whether you’re in a group or not, being a tourist only requires three things! Grab a Hawaiian shirt, jean or khaki shorts, and have a camera in hand at all times and you’re ready to sight see! Bonus: Put white sunblock on your nose, carry a map, and wear your Birkenstocks! Who said summer had to end?

4. A Boxer

This is the total knockout costume! Wear your favorite sports bra and running shorts under a robe and you’re ready to knock ‘em dead (while also being super comfy)!

5. An Alien

Grab anything metallic in your closet, put your hair in space buns, and you’ll have a costume that’s out of this world.  Depending on the look you’re going for with this costume, you can have a simple and easily recognizable costume. Plus, if glitter is your thing, this one is definitely for you.

6. Jailbirds

Again, creating a Halloween costume doesn’t mean you have to break the bank buying a whole new outfit. Instead, use your black and white striped shirt and pair it with black jeans or a black skirt. Instead of breaking the bank – you’re robbing it!

HCXO,

Callie