DIY Halloween Costumes on a College Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner and the pressure is on to find the perfect costume. Whether you are doing a couples, group, or rocking the solo costume, there are endless options to choose from. If you are planning on taking part in the Halloweekend festivities, you might even want a different costume for each night. One major dilemma is how expensive costumes can be. So, if you are like me, and are running on a college budget, here are some fun DIY costumes that you can put together in no time!

1. Love the holidays? Each of your friends can dress up as their favorite holiday and together you are a holiday medley!

2. Turn your LBD into a cute and simple bat costume!

3. Wear a simple button down paired with pastel shorts and Sperry’s and you are on your way to being the most popular frat brother at school. 

(photo from www.pinterest.com)

4. If your obsession with Starbucks is real, wear your favorite drink as a costume!

Pictured above is my sister, Lindsay, and her friend Marisol.

5. Do you love loofas? Pick your favorite color and buy a ton of tulle to make a super fun costume.

(photo from www.pinterest.com)

6. Netflix and chill anyone?

(photo from www.pinterest.com)

7. If you are the life of the party, dress up as a piñata this Halloween!

Pictured above is Carly, looking super cute with her friends!

8. Grab a group of friends and turn your favorite chocolate treat into a fun (and tasty) costume!

(photo from www.pinterest.com

HCXO,

Nicole