DIY Bath Bombs To Treat Yo’ Self

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

There are very little things more tempting than a Lush store. The vibrant colors draw you and the fantastic smells take your money. And when there’s dozens of varieties of bath bombs, how can one resist? It’s easy to find your wallet hurting when these babies are $6 on average. Fear not, we at Her Campus have some fun DIY bath bomb recipes for you and your friends to try out. Have a girls night in and crank out as many as you want for a fraction of the cost.  

Here’s the basic recipe if you want to get creative with your oils:

1 cup baking soda½ cup Citric Acid½ cup corn starch½ cup Epsom salts3/4 tsp water2 tsp. essential oil2.5 tsp almond oil or other light oil (you could even use Canola or sunflower—both are light and don’t have scents, so they won’t overpower your essential oils)A few drops food coloring

Step One: Whisk all of your dry ingredients together, making sure there are no clumps.

Step Two: Stir your oils together in a small bowl.

Step Three: Combine both mixtures into one bowl. You can now mold the bath bombs how you want them; many people use silicone trays or circle molds for that classic Lush shape.

Step Four: Let them dry overnight and bam, you’re bathing in luxury!

Here are some fun recipes we think are divine:

Rose Milk Bath Bombs (via A Pumpkin and A Princess)

1 cup baking soda½ cup Citric Acid½ cup cornstarch¼ cup of dry milk3 tablespoons Epsom salthandful dried rose petals1 teaspoon water3-4 teaspoon Almond Oil15-20 drops Rose oil

Peppermint Bath Bombs

1 cup baking soda½ cup Citric Acid½ cup cornstarch3 tablespoons Epsom salt1 teaspoon water½ cup of melted coconut oil6 drops of peppermint essential oils

Tropical Vacation Bath Bomb

1 cup baking soda½ cup Citric Acid½ cup cornstarch3 tablespoons Epsom salt1 teaspoon water3 teaspoons of almond oil3 drops of coconut cream essential oil3 drops of mango essential oil2 drop of acai berry essential oil

Pumpkin Bath Bombs (via Fun At Home With Kids)

1 cup baking soda½ cup Citric Acid½ cup cornstarch3 tablespoons Epsom salt1 teaspoon water3 teaspoons of olive oil1 Tablespoon of cinnamon

Flower Power Bath Bomb

1 cup baking soda½ cup Citric Acid½ cup cornstarch3 tablespoons Epsom salt1 teaspoon water3 teaspoons of almond oilhandful of dried lilacs5 drops of lavender essential oil5 drops of rosemary essential oil

Enjoy!

HCxo, Cristiana

Hi internet friends! My name is Cristiana and I'm a senior English major, Communications minor from New Rochelle, New York. I've had a passion for writing before I could walk and am so excited to be sharing that with you all. My goal is to not only entertain and bring humor into the magazine world, but to also empower women and raise awareness of the social and cultural issues we face. I'm an astronomy lover and a cheese enthusiast, as well as constantly hooked up to an IV of caffeine. Ask me about baseball teams. Enjoy my sass and love of carbs? Follow me on Twitter for an endless supply; @doublecee21