Campus Spotlight: Annie Howath

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Name: Annie Howath

Class: Senior

Major: Communications

Hometown: Westfield, NJ

HC: Besides being madam co-president of HC, what else are you involved in on campus?

AH: I represent two different companies on SJU’s campus –  Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville and SPORTalk. Both so much fun and have taught me a lot about marketing to specific markets, infiltrating unlikely markets, and being a face to the company around SJU!

HC: Everyone knows you’re a huge NY fan, but you’re from NJ so how did you get into NY sports?

AH: First and foremost, I was raised by two huge New York fans. I also live 25 minutes outside of Manhattan, so I grew up going into NYC all the time and going to games. My first love was Yankee baseball, and to this day they’re still my number one team. There is so much history to the team and you simply can’t beat the feeling of being at Yankee Stadium surrounded by Yankee fans. I have yet to find a better feeling! Over time I discovered how much I loved hockey and football as well, and how much I loved learning about them. I got to college and realized how much I love cheering on my teams and how awesome it would be to work in the sports marketing field, so fingers crossed!

HC: Now that fall is here, what are your favorite fall activities? (Besides watching baseball, hockey, and football)

AH: I always look forward to apple/pumpkin picking with my family over fall break and going to Linvilla with my friends! I also love the next range of holidays, so gearing up for Halloween with fun costumes with my friends is also at the top of my list! I love Thanksgiving too, so I always look forward to baking pumpkin pie and cookies for the occasion! :)

HCXO,

Geina

Education major at SJU :)
Senior communications major at Saint Joseph's University with a passion for music and sports Philadelphia / New York City