samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Career

Campus Cutie: Lucy Curran

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

It’s been awhile since we’ve had a Her Campus Cutie. And there’s no one that better fits the name than SJU’s very own Lucy Curran. 

Lucy Curran is a living breathing angel to say the least. Those who meet her instantly fall in love with her bright, warm, wholesome spirit: she has a heart of gold and an infectious personality.  Get to know Lucy more in the conversation below, and make sure you say hi if you see her on campus!

Tell us about yourself! Hometown, Major, Campus involvement?

–   Oh my goodness hello!! I am from Wyomissing, Pennsylvania–which is about an hour West of SJU. I am a Marketing and Business Intelligence & Analytics double major with a minor in Leadership, Ethics, and Organizational Sustainability. I am the Sophomore Class Representative for the Dean’s Leadership Program, VP of Student Relations for the Food Marketing Association, sister of Alpha Phi, BITS member, a member of Net Impact SJU, and coordinator for pro-bono financial consulting programs. I am also a Saxbys Brand Ambassador. I will also be going on APEX this Spring Break so #come #hang !

What’s your favorite thing about SJU?

–   Out of all the hidden gems that SJU has to offer, by FAR my top two favorite things about SJU is the addicting, positive and go-getter vibe you get on campus. Not to mention the amazing and lovely individuals I have been so blessed to be able to meet here. 

Favorite memory from SJU (so far)?

–   Out of all the things I have come to know and love and remember here at SJU, my favorite memory is receiving a bid from Alpha Phi on Bid Day. I remember being flooded with happiness and excitement to start my journey at SJU along side the other girls. HI SISSIES !!!

Where can your friends usually find you on campus?

–   We all know this. 2nd floor new side in the library. You know the drill. 

Favorites: TV show/Movie, food, song?

–   Okay I am #lame and do not watch TV shows and movies often; HOWEVER, if I had to choose I would say: Marvelous Mrs. Masiel (pls watch it so we can make jokes together) and The Great Gatsby–fitting because we about to enter the roaring 20’s. Expect that much .

What’s a fun fact about yourself you’d like to share?

–   SUPER into health–so I do my best to be vegan, and I aim to be at least 5 or 6 days a week–fun, right ?! I also have been kick boxing with my trainor at home for about 6 months. It has been my favorite talent to discover, ever. 

What’s your current obsession?

–   I am a huge bookworm. Fun fact! So reading, journaling, lighting candles…that is a WHOLE vibe for this chilly fall. A good spin class never hurts, too. 

Who is someone that you look up to?

–   EASILY my father. We are two peas in a pod–way to similar than I may like to admit. He is the most impressive guy with the most supportive soul I have ever known.

What’s something you’d like to cross off your bucket list?

–   I have a weird craving to go skydiving? Fun right . Also cave swimming, more sailing, more hiking, more adventures to #come !

What’s your favorite word of advice you’ve ever gotten?

–   I’m simply full of quotes–check out my insta stories. Like lmk. BUT: Everything that is yours will be yours. 

What qualities do you look for in a friend?

–   I am immensely pulled by someone’s vibe. I look for a genuine, happy, wholesome, motivated, driven friend that is EXCITED for life. And someone who also has the same humor as me. Cheers! There is so much life to live & it is much better to share it with people who are like you and support you YA know !

Anything else you’d like to share with our HC readers or SJU students?

–   This is SO fun and such an amazing platform to say hi to you all !! Just be kind. Be loving to everyone you meet and come into contact with–everyone crosses paths with each other for a reason. Oh! Also–listen when people speak to you. It opens up more doors than you may know.

This is just a droplet of info in the ocean that is Lucy Curran. Lucy, thank you for all that you do, and all that you are! Keep shining bright and making Hawk Hill the best place on Earth.

HCXO,

Devon

Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent