Campus Cutie: Joey Giovanisci

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Joey G. spending his spring break on APEX!

This Californian character is a popular face around campus and can usually be found socializing throughout campus on a daily basis. By the end of your conversation with Joey G., you can always be sure that you will be doubled over in laughter and left with a smile on your face! At least that’s how I felt after I was lucky enough to catch this witty, outgoing guy in his spare time and get to know more about his interests in none other but his favorite place and the heart of SJU socialization, Campion.  

HC: First off, what’s your favorite thing about SJU?

JG: I would probably say the people that go to this campus are my favorite thing about SJU. I continue to meet genuine and down to earth people every day. 

Welcoming the Class of 2018 at orientation! 

HC: Where’s your favorite place to hangout on campus?

JG: Campion is definitely my favorite place to hang out on campus because a.) I love food and b.) It is always easy to bump into familiar faces when I am in there.

HC: Do you spend a lot of time at the library?

JG: Not really, whenever I have a big project I will mainly do it at my house, but whenever I do go to the library, I socialize more than I do work.

HC: Since SJU doesn’t have a football team, who’s your favorite college football team?

JG: I would have to say the Oregon Ducks.  I grew up watching them and got to see them play at a Rose Bowl game; it was such an amazing experience.

HC: What’s the most #1 played song on your iPod?

JG: I would have to say it is a tie between “Holding Onto You” by twenty one pilots or any song from Mumford and Sons

HC: If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?

JG: To be honest I wouldn’t really want to stay a certain age.  Every year is a new year filled with different experiences. 

HC: What do you miss most about being a kid?

JG: Not having to worry about any responsibilities is something I missed most about being a kid.

HC: What would you name your autobiography?

JG: The Life of Joey G. 

HC: Who do you look up to?

JG: It’s hard to answer this question because I have many people I look up to, but I would have to say my grandpa is my biggest inspiration.  My grandpa also went to SJU and is someone I always go to whenever I need advice about business, family, or life in general. 

HC: What is something you learned in the last week?

JG: Pursue things that will make you happy. 

HC: If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?

JG: I would probably buy my parents a beach house.  I have always promised them that once I became successful that I would buy them a beach house because they have done so much for me.

HC: When you have 30 minutes of free time, how do you pass the time?

JG: Either I would be playing my guitar or play racquetball #sports

HC: Favorite quote?

JG: “Work for a cause, not for applause.  Live life to express, not to impress.  Don’t strive to make your presence noticed, just make your absence felt.” –Kevin Carroll 

HCXO, 

Alex 

I'm Alex Ator!Saint Joseph's University Class of 2017Biology Major, Political Science Minor