Campus Cutie: Emma Urbanowicz

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Ladies and gentlemen it is an honor to introduce this week’s campus cutie, Emma Urbanowicz!

Quick Facts

Home​town: Edison, New Jersey 

Year: 2014

Major: Food Marketing

Campus Involvements: RA in Merion Gardens, Collegiate Challenge Leader, Vice President of the Sign Language Club, Work Study in the Management Department

Dream job: Sign Language Interpreter

HC: So Emma, how does it feel to be graduating this month?

Emma: I am excited to graduate, it has been a long year but it is definitely bittersweet.  I have committed myself a lot to SJU and so it will feel weird to not be involved anymore.

HC: Could you describe your St. Joes experience in three words?

Emma: Yes, haha… I’m gonna need a second for that.  Hectic but rewarding… is that acceptable?

HC: Three words many of us can relate to! I hear Michelle Branch coming from your computer, study music?

Emma: Michelle Branch or Sara Bareilles are my study choices! 

HC: Excellent choices! So once you graduate what are your summer plans?

Emma: I’ll be moving back to Edison after graduation and applying to jobs and interviewing.

HC: What about the fun stuff!

Emma: I’ll be leading a trip to Buffalo, NY for Collegiate Challenge with Mike Ferrier! I also hope to convince my dad to take me on vacation somewhere nice!

HC: We hope you can convince him! And NY, that is exciting! How many Collegiate Challenge trips have you gone on?

Emma: This will be my third trip! The first year I went to Kansas and last year I led a trip to Louisiana. I was lucky enough to be chosen to lead again this summer even though I was abroad last semester.

HC: Where did you go abroad?

Emma: Galway, Ireland 

HC: What made you choose to go the fall semester of your senior year?

Emma: I’ve been an RA since sophomore year and I had always wanted to go abroad but I wasn’t sure if that could happen while holding an RA position. I decided to be an RA for my sophomore and junior year and therefore be able to spend the fall of my senior year abroad! 

Emma and fellow RA, Steph Scalice 

HC: It goes without question that you are quite the fashionable Hawk! Where do you love to shop?

Emma: Lord and Taylor, Marshalls, I really shop anywhere… ooo J. Crew! But I am not picky about where I shop. If you are looking you can find good stuff anywhere!

HC: Favorite trend this spring?!

Emma: I love wide leg pants, I think they are fashion forward but still classic and can be dressed up or down. And they are flattering on everyone! I also have a deep connection to floral patterns!

HC: Last questions, interesting fact…go! 

Emma: I know how to drive a stick shift! First time I learned was in Ireland on the wrong side of a car and the wrong side of the road. The road and the car are backwards from what we are used to. It was an interesting experience.  

We are sad to see Emma graduate but enjoyed the chance to learn more about her! Find her on campus while you can, she will be the one in the adorable wide leg pants

XO Carolyn 

Hello HerCampus! I'm Carolyn Mullen, senior Communications major at Saint Joseph's University. As a member of HerCampus SJU I contribute to the style blog and am excited to share with all of you the fashion of our campus!