This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Name: Andre Fick Year: Senior Major: Biology, Minor in Interdisciplinary Health Studies Hometown: Wyomissing, PA

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

Andre: I am involved in Men’s Tennis, SJU Men’s Acapella, 54th & City, and I am a TA for Organic Chem.

HC: What is your favorite thing about being a part of 54th & City?

Andre: I would definitely say the overall comradery with everyone in the group. It’s exciting to create the music and the different variations of the songs, and to see the development of the songs. From making the music to the final product, learning the songs, teaching, beginning to end; it’s exciting to perform for students and fans. HC: Besides clubs and activities on campus, what are your favorite hobbies?

A: Some hobbies I enjoy are spending time with my friends and teammates. I also enjoy sleeping, soccer and basketball.

HC: Favorite campion meal?

A: Favorite campion meal would definitely be the Thanksgiving dinner.

HC: Favorite place in Philadelphia and why?

A:  The Mutter Museum because it’s related to medicine. It’s really cool to immerse myself in what I want to go into in the future and the Mutter Museum really allows me to do that.

HC: Favorite spot to eat around campus?

A: My favorite spots to eat around campus would be Snap Pizza, Kimmy’s and Whole Foods.

HC: What are three things you can’t live without?

A: Three things I can’t live without would be my tennis racket, my phone, and pretzels. HC: Favorite spot on campus?

A: My favorite spot on campus is either the 2nd floor new side of the library or the Perch.

HC: Most memorable experience at SJU so far?

A: The Pope coming my freshman year was really cool and memorable. There was also a tennis match in which I won for my team. The overall match was tied three to three, the outcome of the match was depending on how I did. I clinched the match in three sets, in a match that lasted over three hours and we beat Villanova! All of my teammates rushed to the court excited, yelling and cheering. It was truly a great moment and one that I will never forget.

HC: Advice for incoming / current freshman?

A: For incoming freshman come in determined to do well, set a solid foundation for the rest of your four years. Surround yourself with good people, and always look for opportunities to pursue your interests.

XOHC, 

Courtney