Campus Celebrity: Rachel Haney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is Junior Family business and Entrepreneurship major and English Minor, Rachel Haney. Only speaking to Haney for a few minutes you are fully capable to tell that she’s a strong and intelligent female. She is involved around campus and outside of school as well. Since her freshmen year Rachel Haney has been a part of the Dean Leadership Program and the Entrepreneurship Society. Her sophomore year she was named Vice President of the Entrepreneurship society and became a member of the Business Leadership society. This past fall, Haney studied abroad in Rome.

What did you learn from your experience in Rome?

“Rome helped me become more of a well rounded person, and learn that there is so much more out there in the world. Being in Rome made me want to do more around school such as bringing Ted X SJU back.”

Are you currently working to get Ted X SJU back up and running?

“Yes I’m currently in the process of doing so and hope it happens very soon.”

Tell us about what you do for your Dean Leadership Program?

“This year I am mentoring a freshmen girl and trying to get more involved in service and the program teaches students to be leaders.”

What kind of service have you done or are planning to do this semester?

“Currently, I am involved with Relay For Life and Hand and Hand. I am always looking for more service to do.”

What do you do with the Business Leadership Council?

“Each business club at SJU is represented on the board, I represent the Entrepreneurship society. The council meets about once a week and we get together and discuss things that each club is working on.”

Are you involved in anything outside of school?

“I just started working at Landmark but I also just began a start up with a few friends from called, “Like Home.” We make hand made frozen meals that are good quality and deliver them as well. Right now the company is operating at the University of Pittsburgh, Penn State, and as well as here in Philadelphia.”

If students are interested in the SJU Entrepreneurship Society, the society is meeting Tuesday February 18 @ 11-12 in MV 107. Rachel Haney would love to see all of you there. So next time you go to Landmark look for Rachel or even around campus or maybe even your next service project.