Campus Celebrity: Caroline Russell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

I had the pleasure of sitting down and chatting with one of SJU’s finest, Caroline Russell. If you know Caroline, you know she’s rarely without a smile on and has the most contagious laugh! She has an aura about her that can make anyone feel comfortable, which is most likely why she’s involved with so much on campus.

The Basics

Hometown: Medfield, MA

Year: Junior

Major: Elementary and Special Education

HC: What are you involved in at SJU?

-Orientation Captain

-APEX Leader

-Alpha Sigma Nu Member

-Club Soccer

-Big Brother Big Sister

-Weekly Service

HC: Wow you’re involved in so much! What’s been your favorite memory thus far?

Ahh! Its so hard to choose just one. I’d have to say overall my time on APEX. It is such a refreshing and rewarding experience it’s so hard to explain, but it’s helped me learn a lot about myself and I’ve made some of my absolute best friends on the trips.

HC: As a Red Shirt you may get this a lot, but if you could give one piece of advice to incoming freshmen what would it be?

Other than getting involved, my biggest piece of advice is for freshmen to be patients with themselves and give it time to adjust to school. Before we all came to SJU, we were in the same schedule and routine of living at home, going to school, then doing sports or other activities and then coming back home and finishing homework before doing it all again, but that all changes when you get to college. You have so much more freedom and you have to choose what you’re going to do with that time, which ultimately shapes the type of person you’re going to be when you leave here after four years.

HC: What’s something you hope to accomplish before graduating?

I’d really like to do a service trip outside the US. I’ve never been outside the U.S. so I think it’d be a really eye opening experience, and there would be no one better to do it with than a group of Saint Joe’s students.

HC: Where can we find you when you’re not on Hawk Hill?

Hmm it depends on the season! During winter I’d definitely be in New Hampshire snowboarding. However, during the summer I live with my grandfather on Cape Cod and I nanny for four-year-old twins, if you’ve looked at my Facebook or Instagram you’ll see them everywhere because I’m obsessed with them! They’re so cute I wish I could bring them to school with me.

If you don’t know already know Caroline, I highly suggest getting to know her. You’ll be sure to find her tuned in to see her favorite team, the Patriots play in the Super Bowl next Sunday!