Campus Celeb: Michael Centanni ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

This week I had the opportunity to sit down with SJU’s very own, Michael J. Centanni. The 20-year-old junior from Rochester, New York has accomplished a lot at SJU over the past 2 years.

HC: What is your major?

MC: I’m actually a double major, International Business and Italian.

HC: What’s your involvement at SJU?

MC: Well, I’m the Vice President of Italian club; I like to call myself a “self proclaimed Italian enthusiast.” I actually like to mingle with international Italian students studying at SJU; it’s a great experience. I’m also a huge supporter of the rugby team.

HC: What has been your favorite moment at SJU so far?

MC: Freshman year was great; I lived in LaFarge and met so many amazing people. Everyday here is cool because I meet someone new everyday. Also, last semester I studied abroad and lived in Milan, which was definitely a highlight.

HC: How was Milan?

MC: Awesome, I took courses in Italian, met people from all over the U.S and Italy, traveled through Europe, and I ate so much pizza. I was placed out of my comfort zone, but it was a whole different experience for me living in a foreign country.

HC: What made you want to study abroad?

MC: I love to learn outside of a traditional classroom setting, and I really enjoy learning about food and culture. I’ve also spent the past 3 summers in Sicily with my extended family. Sicily in the summer is my favorite spot in the world.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

MC: Hopefully working in New York City, or Chicago, doing international work traveling back and forth between Italy.

HC: What are some fun facts?

MC: I have a shot of espresso every morning made with my own espresso machine. I love music… anything from Frank Sinatra to Future.

HC: Single or taken?

MC: Definitely single.  

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

MC: I like to go to the gym, play basketball, hang out with my friends, and practice Italian. I’m also a great cook so I love to cook myself great meals, like sausage, peppers, veggies, and I make a great Carbonara sauce. I also work at small company based in Manayunk called Eterpreting LLC. Basically we are a language servicing company that works with law firms to help them find an interpreter to help their client that does not speak English.

Look for Michael around campus; he will most likely be well dressed with a gallon of water in hand. That is all for now!

HCXO,

Katherine