Campus Celeb: Katie Bucaro ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

This week I had the opportunity to sit down with Sophomore Elementary Education major Katie Bucaro! Not only is Katie easy to chat with, but is also hilarious. Her outgoing personality and warm charm got me interested in learning more about her this week!

HC: Where are you from?

Katie: I am from Oak Hill, Virginia. Its the Northern area of Virginia about 30 minutes from Washington, D.C. It’s an easy train ride from Union Station in DC to 30th Street (about a 2 hour train ride) and about a 2-3 hour car ride to St. Joes!

HC: What are you involved in on campus?

Katie: Being involved on St. Joe’s campus has greatly impacted my experience here at SJU. I’m a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, Club Running, and Residential Assistant. This 2015-16 academic school year is my first year as an RA and I absolutely love it! It has been such a rewarding, fun, and challenging experience for me (s/o to my rezzie Han for being so fabulous!). This position on campus has helped me give back to St. Joes and what better way than to become a Residential Assistant. I also just completed my first half marathon this past November (my goal is to run a full marathon by the time I graduate) and am registered for theBroad Street Run this coming May! AGD has been a huge part of my SJU experience as well. Don’t know where I would be without my amazing and supportive sistas! I am also the Alumane Relations Coordinator for Alpha Gamma Delta along with being a member of the Kappa Delta Pi Education Honor Society!

HC: What’s one of your pet peeves?

Katie: One of my absolute pet peeves is negative people. Life is beautiful– why not be happy! Be happy is my motto in life.

HC: Are you a Campion goer? If so, what’s your go-to meal?

Katie: Am I a Campion goer? Of course, I am! Unlimited swipes baby! (perks of being an RA). My absolute go-to meal in good ‘ol camps would have to be the omelet bar. Nothing better than rolling out of bed in the morning & headed onto campus for a fresh morning omelet.

HC: Favorite thing about SJU

Katie: My favorite thing about SJU is the amazing people that surround the absolutely beautiful campus. When I walk on campus, I feel at home. There is no better feeling than walking around campus and seeing everyone’s shining smiles and funny personalities!

HC: How would you describe your lifestyle?

Katie: Very “go with the flow”. This is an important motto in life for me because it helps me to stay stress free as much as possible. Life is too short to be worried all the time ya know?

HC: Have any favorite quotes?

Katie: One of my new favorites quotes is “The good you do t

oday may be forgotten tomorrow” –Mother Theresa. This is a quote that I try to live out because there will be days that are up and down. But it is important to remember to always go the extra mile for someone because no matter what they will always remember you for that.

HC: What’s something people don’t know about you?

Katie: I can’t dance for the life of me!

HC: Are you going abroad? 

Katie: Yes, I’m going abroad and I’m counting the days until the fall semester. This is a dream of mine I have had forever and I’m still partially shocked that I’m going out of the country for the first time ever in Rome. I can’t wait for this life changing experience!

HC: What is your favorite kind of music?

Katie: My favorite kind of music is country. Country speaks to the soul and the lyrics are great! There is always a song for whatever mood you are feeling that day.

HC: Any guilty pleasures?

Katie: Venti Java Chip Frappacino [No Whip] from Starbucks is my guilty pleasure

HC: Single or taken?

Katie: Rockin’ the single life currently. Always ready for a new adventure!

HC: Which Her Campus section is your go-to?

Katie: Oh my goodness, the blog section. The blogs speak to me & I enjoy reading every new blog that’s posted!

If you see Katie on campus, make sure you say hello! You’ll definitely be greeted with a huge smile! 

HCXO,

Hanna