Brunch That Does Your Body Good

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Still recovering from your turkey day coma? No need to fear! Philly knows what’s up when it comes to all things “phitness, and the newest trend to take over the city are Saturday morning sweat sessions followed by a healthy, delicious brunch.

Especially With finals week around the corner, these upcoming fitness/food fusion classes are the perfect way to keep you focused and healthy as we roll into exam week.

I recently attended one of these fabulous, fitness/food fusion classes at Animo in Center City. The juice and burrito bar opened it’s doors early and converted itself into the perfect space for our, barre-inspired, sculpt class. Our instructor, Dana, led us through a series of butt-kicking exercises (literally, my butt hurt for three days), accompanied by the perfect playlist to keep us going! Following the class, we were treated to a buffet stocked with healthy and delicious vegan fare. 

Oh, and did I mention there were bottomless mimosas? Yep. Mimosas served with their fresh-pressed juice.

Green apple kale juice never tasted so good! 

The women behind Freehouse fitness studio led this lovely occasion and are set to open a studio in Center City this winter. In the meantime, they will be hosting a series of this pop-up fitness classes followed by brunch! The next one is THIS Saturday, December 5th. For more information and to sign up, click here.

HCXO