Best Dressed at the Oscars

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

This past Sunday night people gathered around their television to watch the 2014 Oscars . Whether you watched for Ellen’s hilarious jokes, to see Leo win an Oscar (fingers were crossed), or to see celebs gather on the red carpet, the Oscars were certainly entertaining. Since Buzzfeed covered “best moments” we decided to cover the second best part: the fashion.

Here are the best-dressed women and men at the Oscars.

Matthew McConaughey not only walked away with an Academy Award for Best Actor in a Leading Role for Dallas Buyers Club, but he stood out on the red carpet. He wore a white Dolce & Gabbana tuxedo jacket with a classic black bow tie. Meanwhile, Jared Leto, winner of Best Actor in a Supporting Role for Dallas Buyers Club, was dressed to impress in a white tuxedo jacket by Saint Laurent, accompanied by a red bow tie.

Even though Leonardo DiCaprio did not win an Oscar, he looked great in his classic Giorgio Armani black tuxedo.

The women of course, brought the red carpet to life.

Both Sandra Bullock and Amy Adams wore classic, timeless navy dresses. Sandra’s was by Alexander McQueen and Amy’s was by Gucci Prèmiere.

Lupita Nyong’o looked breathtaking in her powder blue Prada gown. It suited the best actress in a supporting role for 12 Years a Slave wonderfully.

Kate Hudson pulled off her Versace gown.

Let’s not forget about the host! Ellen looked amazing in her various Saint Laurent tuxedos.

Overall, this years Oscar’s were a success. We can’t wait until next year! Leo, we are still fighting for you.