All About Vests This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Fall weather allows for the best fashion.  A fall fashion trend that constantly reappears are vests. Adding a vest to any outfit allows you to dress it up or down. Big vest trends right now are quilted, jean, and faux fur.

Quilted vests can be dressed up or dressed down. Patterned quilted vests can be hard to match, but the right pattern will work with any outfit. To dress up a quilted vest put together a nice top and a statement necklace.  

Quilted vests are also perfect to wear on those lazy days. If the vest is patterned or plain, a sweatshirt or cotton long sleeve shirt can go under the vest and dress up your lazy day attire. 

Jean vests were a huge trend this summer and now that it’s fall doesn’t mean you have to leave it in your closet until next summer. Jean vests look great with sweaters, long sleeved cotton tees and leggings. They are a casual look but create a great laying effect.

Many of us ladies were a little slow to jump on the faux fur vest trend because we weren’t really sure what to wear them with. Faux fur vests can be wore around campus and look casual and cozy. Pairing a faux fur vest with a denim button down or oversized sweater put together a great look. 

The weather is perfect for vests. No matter if you dress up or down your vest, you’ll look fabulous this fall.