7 of the Best Holiday Attractions in Philly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

1. Ice Skating at City Hall

Whether you’re an ice skater or not there are a numerous of festive activities for everyone located right in center city! Make sure to check out the light show, ice rink, carousel, and all the local venders for the perfect Christmas gift!

2. Franklin Square’s Holiday Festival

Tis the season to watch the electrical spectacle holiday light show, featuring free shows every half hour on weeknights and Fridays and Saturdays. Don’t forget to grab your friends and explore the local food and drinks provided by local vendors and beat your friends playing a round of mini golf!

3. Miracle on 13th Street

Ready to believe in the magic of South Philly’s Christmas spirit? Check out South Philly’s Miracle on 13th Street featuring row houses with all different lights, signs, and decorations.

4. Christmas in Fairmount Park

Looking to try something new this year? Make sure to check out “A Very Philly Christmas” consisting of five 18th and 19th century park mansions who open their doors for holiday treats and performances.

5. The Philadelphia Museum of Art’s Tree Lighting

All throughout the season the Philadelphia Museum of Art is hosting festive activities and events including a tree lighting celebration and Friday night performances! You can look up all their scheduled performances and activities online.

6. Reading Terminal Market’s Holiday Railroad

All aboard the Reading Terminal Market’s holiday railroad express! Every year the Reading Terminal Market has an elaborate holiday railroad display and all different kinds of food located indoors.

7. Love Park’s Christmas Village

All I want for Christmas is to go to Christmas Village, a German-styled town in Love Park. This year marks the event’s 10th anniversary and will be featuring booths of local and international merchants, festive holiday food and drinks, as well as entertainment. Make sure to grab your friends and spend a night shopping and strolling along the Christmas Village.

HCXO,

Callie