6 Times Your Mom Was Right After All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Alright, it’s true mothers really do know what’s best. When we were younger it might have been hard to admit, but now in college and honestly the older we get, the more we can appreciate just how wise our moms are and have always been. Just in case you needed a reminder how awesome your mom is- Here’s just 6 examples that prove just how right your mom has been after all!

1. When she told you not to grow up too fast

Yep, this is one almost everyone can agree on that their moms were right about it. When your mom told you not to grow up too fast-she was right. As much as your mom wants to keep her little girl, she’s been there and knows what it’s like to have fun fun and live in the moment.

2. When she told you to prioritize academics

Ok so this isn’t what everyone wants to hear, but your mom’s right when she’s making sure you’re staying on top of your school work. Honestly, this one I’m so thankful for as my mom was always so involved and made sure I got my work done. Even in college, the only person to motivate you to study is yourself- and if you’re like me you can still hear her voice in the back of your head encouraging you to get those A’s!

3. When she told you to save your money

Everyone knows juggling money and a social life is a challenge in college. However, if we listened to our mothers a little more we might not have to shield our eyes everytime we check our bank accounts. Moms are right when they say to prioritize our money and not to spend it all on silly things like eating out all the time when we are fully capable of cooking. I’ll be the first to admit, I’m still working on this one but am definitely listening to my mom’s advice more!

4. When she told you to love yourself first

Our moms are our biggest supporters and they just want us to see ourselves the way they see us! While your mom wants you to try things outside your comfort zone, she also wants you to be happy in your own skin. If you are having a bad day or need a pick me up, honestly just call your mom- you’re guaranteed to feel better.

5. When she told you that you’d miss home

Regardless of how far away or quickly you had yourself packed for college- your mom’s right when she said you’d miss the comfort of your own home. She’s even right when she says you’ll miss your own bed, believe me on this one.

6. When she told you that she was right (and you’d thank her someday)

Again, this one might not always be the easiest to admit but we all know it to be true. Even today when we have our small arguments and don’t (and I probably won’t to her face tbh) want to admit it-she’s most likely right. Writing this now I realize she’s probably going to see this and I’m guaranteed a “I told you so”  but it’s true. If you haven’t this week call your mom or send her a sweet message because she’s a superhero and deserves it.

xoxo, 

Callie

Senior communications major at Saint Joseph's University with a passion for music and sports Philadelphia / New York City