felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
felix luo ucRO rs4y9I unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Decor

5 Ways to Spice Up Your Dorm Room

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

There are five easy and inexpensive steps you can take to add some more pizzazz to your dorm room this year. 

Step One: Lights! Lights are not only an easy find at most stores but can range from color, style, and most importantly price, gotta watch out for the college budget. Adding any type of light to a dorm doesn’t only brighten up the room but is super trendy!

Step Two: Photos! Photos are by far the easiest way to spice up any dorm room. All it takes is choosing a couple fire pictures off your instagram, going to your nearest CVS, Target, Rite-Aid and printing out loads and loads of photos for $15 or less! It is a great way to remember the good ol’ days of high school and your childhood while moving onto the new chapter of your life, trippy right?

Step Three: Posters! Posters are a fun way to express your interests, maybe you can put up your favorite bands poster, an inspirational quote you found on pinterest, or even a poster of your favorite city! Posters are an easy way to keep you happy, even when you are having one of your many college meltdowns you can turn to your poster to keep you positive! 

Step Four: Throw blankets and pillows! Blankets and pillows are great accessories to any room, they add accent colors, and not to mention are VERY comfortable. I recommend a fuzzy blanket, trust me, you will be thanking me when your dorm room is -10 degrees on random nights for no reason.

Step Five: A rug! Nothing is worse than having to walk on the cold dorm floor right after waking up. Rugs come in so many sizes, patterns, and colors. A rug not only provides comfort but pulls the room together making it look more home-y! 

HCXO, 

Bianca 

Psychology Major Saint Joseph's University Student 2023
Saint Joseph's University Campus Correspondent