5 Go-To Restaurants Near Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

As a second semester sophomore at Saint Joe’s, I have had plenty of time to explore what lies outside our campus. When it comes to eating out, I have tried so many of the mouth-watering options that Philadelphia has to offer. Thanks to the instagram account @philadelphiafoodie, I have been able to take a break from Chipotle or Honey Grow and expand my food palate a little more. Here are a list of some go-to restaurants you must try.

1. Sabrina’s Cafe

If you are a breakfast or brunch kind of a person then you will love Sabrina’s Cafe in Wynnewood. They have everything you could possibly crave and more. This cafe has a warm atmosphere and is usually packed due to their yummy array of foods. I went a few weeks ago and got the french toast with bananas, which I highly recommend. Sabrina’s also offers BYOB so bring a few friends and champagne for early morning mimosas!

2. Ardmore Station Cafe

Another great place for breakfast or brunch. Their reasonable prices make it easy to eat here. Ardmore is filled with so many great restaurants, but the Ardmore Station Cafe is a hidden gem. It is located right near the train station, making it super convenient to walk right over. It may be packed in the morning, but make sure to go because it is worth the wait.

3. Mad Mex

Mexican food is always a good option and a change of scenery from Chipotle or Qdoba. Mad Mex is a fairly new restaurant that is located right in Wynnewood. Their fun atmosphere and drink specials makes is highly enjoyable to go and eat and drink with a few friends. They also offer gluten free and dairy free options.

4. Winnie’s Le Bus

Who knew that Manayunk is filled with a variety of restaurant options? Up until this year, I did not! My friends and I tried out Winnie’s American food and absolutely loved it.They cook their food to perfection and do a great job with your dining experience. It’s also a great location for date night!

5. Insomnia Cookies

If you’re craving dessert after dinner, head straight to Insomnia Cookies located in Manayunk. Their cookies are served warm and have a variety of flavors to choose from including snickerdoodle, chocolate chunk, s’mores, and many more. You can also add a scoop of ice cream if you are in the mood for a cookie sandwich.

If you don’t have a car on campus, there are trains that go to locations right near some of these restaurants. Uber is also a great option and will take you just a short ten to fifteen minute ride max. Take advantage of the warm weather and venture out to some of these trendy venues!

HCXO,

Rebecca

Rebecca Sliwak is the current Editor-In-Chief for Her Campus at Saint Joseph's University in Philadelphia. She is studying Communications and Marketing as a senior, is a member of Alpha Gamma Delta, studied abroad in Madrid, and has been on the Her Campus SJU team since sophomore year.