5 DIY Halloween Costumes Anyone Can Wear

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Every year during the months leading up to Halloween, my friends and I will spend hours scrounging the Internet looking for the best Halloween costumes. We find our dream costumes and have it all planned out, until somehow we forget to order the hula skirt, fairy wings, and cowboy boots, and are left costume-less on October 30th. Believe me, it is never too early to figure out your Halloween costume. But just incase you’re like me, here are some unique, last minute DIY costumes you can find in your own closet.

1. The Scare Crow

All you really need is your favorite flannel and some makeup! If you want to get more into character, don’t forget overalls and a straw hat.

2. The Day of the Dead Girl

Think flower child meets skeleton. Add flowers to your hair and a little face paint and you are all set. 

3. The Greek Goddess

Forget about wearing a toga. Take an oversized white t-shirt, cut off the sleeves, and add a belt. Don’t forget any ivy headband!

4. The Blair Waldorf or Serena Van Der Woodsen

No, it is not okay to be a “Catholic school girl” for the second year in a row. Use your old high school uniform, paired with some thigh highs and a borrowed tie to become one of the Gossip Girl goddesses.

5. The Pineapple

Throw on something yellow, and using green cardstock, attach various leaf shapes to a toilet paper roll. Glue the pineapple stem to a headband and voilà!

XOHC,

Carly