11 Fall Style Staples

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJU chapter.

Getting excited about the crisp fall weather that’s just around the bend?! Here are some closet essentials for life on Hawk Hill to keep you comfortable yet cute in the upcoming autumnal season:

1. Jean Jacket

Pairing a jean jacket with a cute dress or skirt dresses up your look while still giving you comfort and warmth for those cooler days! Also, the different colors and washes of denim give you such a variety to choose from.

2.) Vest

Layering is key in fall, and what better way to do it than with a cute vest! It keeps you warm but is also so cute when worn with a flannel or button down!

3.) Bean Boots

These iconic boots are perfect for fall, especially at SJU when you need comfy shoes to walk all around campus.

4.) Blanket Scarf

Blanket scarves became all-the-rage last fall, but they are still as big this year! You can get them anywhere and they are the perfect accent accessory to liven up your look.

5.) Off-the-Shoulder Sweater

Savor the last days of warmer weather with an off-the-shoulder sweater! They are so stylish and effortless, and go great with our next clothing item…

6.) Ripped Jeans

Come on, who doesn’t love some ripped denim? They are edgy and cute, and can be paired with pretty much anything.

7.) Bandeau Headband

“Boho Bandeaus” are trending all around lately, and they add a nice accent to any outfit! (PLUS, these headbands are a perfect bad hair day hack for when you want to cover up those fly-aways while still looking adorable!)

8.) Suede Skirt

A suede mini skirt is perfect with tights, a sweater, and little boots! It’s cute yet comfy, and can be worn to class or out on the town!

9.) Striped Long-Sleeve Tee

This is a staple piece for fall- it can be worn with jeans, a skirt, or even a pair of printed pants to add some flair! No matter what it’s worn with, a striped tee always looks classy.

10.) Suede Booties

You can never go wrong with a pair of suede booties! They are a perfectly versatile piece of fall footwear that are adorable with any skirt or dress.

11.) Flannel

It wouldn’t be fall fashion without a flannel! Either throw on a flannel with leggings or dress it up with a vest and jewelry and you’ll be set for autumn (I’m sure you already have some in your closet if you went on APEX!)

Now, start that online shopping and go full force into fall! We can’t wait to see what outfits you put together :)

HCXO,

Gianna