corporate cute?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
corporate cute?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
20th Century Studios
Style

Your Guide to the “Office Siren” Trend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Popular beauty aesthetics have gained immense popularity in the past couple of years, such as “clean girl,” “mob wife,” and “coquette,” specifically on TikTok and Instagram. But the topic of conversation today is the infamous “office siren” trend. To sum up the aesthetic of the trend, it is a combination of a powerful corporate woman with a seductive, sexy, and feminine look mixed in. It is the ultimate corporate boss woman look for those who want to bring their best. 

Achieving this look consists of perfecting your signature hairstyle, finding the best makeup look, and ensuring you have the ultimate outfit with top-notch accessories. Finding the base of your look and adding your own signature flair makes for the best and most confident version of yourself that is sure to stand out in the office. Keep reading to figure out some of the top tips on how to achieve this.

HAIR

If you’re like me, you struggle with finding the right hairstyles for your hair. Luckily enough, the hairstyles to achieve this look are pretty simple for anybody to do. To make sure you’re ready for anything, an up-do is the perfect look. Having a sleek bun pinned up is perfect for a busy day at work. Bonus points if you add the iconic pencil to your hair. Another one of the most popular is having sleek and shiny blown-out hair that looks completely effortless. 

MAKEUP

Similar to the hair and overall trend, having a classic and bold makeup look is the way to go. From what I’ve seen, keeping it clean and natural is the most popular, but be sure to add bold contour and a sharp eye look to top it off. Keeping the colors neutral adds to the seductive and feminine appearance that we’re aiming for. If you’re feeling fun, a bold-colored lip (such as red) is perfect. 

OUTFIT

Now we get to arguably the most important section of our look, the outfit. The color palette for this look is definitely very high on the neutral side of things, but spicing it up with a pop of color here and there is perfect. Long black pencil skirts, sheer tights, silk button-ups, turtleneck sweaters, and stylish blazers are some of the iconic pieces to set the look. As for shoes, kitten heels, Mary Jane’s, and flats are the way to go. 

ACCESSORIES

While the previous three sections are vital to creating this look, nothing is as important as making sure you have the perfect accessories to elevate your look. The bag you choose shows who you are and makes you stand out. Black bags are always the safest option, but with our color palette of clothing. Personally, I think a dark burgundy bag will top off the look. Some other accessories include staple jewelry, such as gold hoops, bangle bracelets, and pearls, which are always iconic, along with having a pair of reading glasses that show off your seductive side.

What tips will you be using to elevate your office look? Let us know on Instagram, @HerCampusSJSU

Hello everyone! My name is Daylin Luna and I'm currently a junior at San Jose State University. My major is Business Management Information Systems and I have 2 minors in Astronomy and Aerospace Engineering. I joined Her Campus in Fall 2023 and some of my interests include all things music, traveling, reading, hanging out with friends, and all things space.