Your Guide to All Things Pumpkin: Trader Joe’s Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Fall has begun! This year has definitely taken an interesting turn. But with the change in seasons, we have some exciting annual traditions to look forward to, such as indulging in our favorite fall treats, rewatching classic movies or visiting a pumpkin patch. So grab your fuzzy socks, your favorite sweater, your favorite Halloween movie, and check out all of my pumpkin-themed Trader Joe’s favorites, and what I plan to try next!

Quarantine sparked my recent obsession with Trader Joe’s, and in the last few weeks, they’ve started to stock their shelves with the best new pumpkin-flavored items. I spent weeks trying to find all my favorites and thought it’d be a crime not to share it with my fellow Trader Joe’s/pumpkin lovers.

Things I’ve tried so far…

1. Pumpkin Cheesecake

This is definitely worth it if you like pumpkin pie. While the taste is similar, I would say this one is a little more creamy than pie. I topped mine off with whipped cream and truly fell in love with it. You can find this in the frozen aisle.

2. Pumpkin Cranberry Crisps

One of my newer obsessions has been making charcuterie boards! These crisps are the perfect combination of sweet and savory, and I definitely think you’ll like them too. Add this to your cheese board layout and enjoy the delicious taste of fall. You can find this in the crackers aisle.

3. Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread & Muffin Mix

I actually grabbed the gluten-free one on accident, but it still tasted amazing! I’m sure the regular version is just as awesome, but for anyone that has a gluten-free diet, know that these are definitely delicious and Nikki-approved! You can find this in the baking section.

4. Pumpkin Butter

I have yet to explore more options of what to try this with, but so far, I’ve tried this with the Trader Joe’s Vanilla Ice Cream and Apple Blossoms, and the Pumpkin Cranberry Crisps. A lot of people have recommended trying this with toast, waffles or cinnamon rolls! You can find this in the spreads and dips section.

Things I still need to try…

1. Organic Pumpkin Frosted Toaster Pastries

TJ’s just released this item, and it sounds so good! Enjoy this as a simple snack or for breakfast on those busy days. You can find this in the cereal section.

2. Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

I am a big fan of traditional cinnamon rolls but love the idea of having the delicious flavor of pumpkin mixed in to satisfy your fall-flavor needs. These rolls are made with pumpkin bread and topped off with pumpkin spice icing. These can be found in the refrigerated section, near the dairy.

3. Pumpkin Ice Cream

I am dying to try this! I’ve heard this is a MUST fall treat from Trader Joe’s, so I’m disappointed in myself for not trying this sooner. What’s not to love about ice cream? This can be found in the freezer section.

4. Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Mix

Oatmeal cookies are a must for me during the fall season, but to mix that with pumpkin and chocolate is just too good to be true. These look easy to make (yay for box mix!) and super festive for anyone with a sweet tooth. These can be found in the baking section.

Try out any of these fabulously festive snacks? Tag us on Instagram @HerCampusSJSU! Happy snacking!

My name is Nikki Vahabi and I’m a college student at San Jose State University. While my major is Kinesiology, I’ve become really passionate about content creation, developing my own brand, and becoming a fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blogger. I'd love to make friends and connect with others with the same passion for social media, content creation, and writing so feel free to check out all my social media and my blog here: https://msha.ke/nikkivahabi/
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah