megan thee stallion?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
megan thee stallion?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
NBC

Why “Scary” is your new Halloween Anthem

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Megan Thee Stallion released her surprise second studio album “Traumazine” earlier this month. Megan’s earlier work is full of sensual confidence and body empowerment through fast-paced humorous bars. 

Her image of being a confident and fearless rapper is set aside for most of this album, allowing us to see the human who she truly is, not just as an artist but as a person. It’s her most emotionally vulnerable album to date with talks about anxiety, learning how to let go of situations you can’t control and how to deal with anger. 

Even with all the serious topics, Megan reminds audiences that she is still that girl. Her fun and strong personality are still very present in this album. She’s showing listeners that not only is she growing as a person but as an artist.

This is proven in the stand-out song of the album, “Scary” which features Rico Nasty. Rico helps Megan step out of her comfort zone in this ominous, spooky song. Megan’s self-assured flow plays off on Rico’s well-known alternative style of rap so well. 

With references to iconic horror movie villains and the horror genre as a whole, it is a fresh and exciting blend of rap and alternative music that isn’t heard often.

This song will make you feel like you’re the baddest witch in the haunted house!

Let us know what you think about “Traumazine” by tagging us at @HerCampusSJSU

Hey, my name is Joanna but I go by Joe. I’m a Journalism major at SJSU. I love music, plants, photography, and writing.