This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Crocs have made a very strong return into the lives of young people. Personally, I wore Crocs all the time in elementary school, but then fell off until like sophomore year of high school. Now I can’t imagine not having a pair of Crocs, because I wear them almost every day.

While they might not always be considered the most attractive shoe, they truly can be worn for anything. Some of my favorite uses of my Crocs are:

1. Water Shoes

I recently went camping with some friends over Labor Day weekend, and I confidently only brought my trusty Crocs. I wore them in the lake during the day, to protect my feet from sharp rocks, and the best part was if I wanted to take them off, they floated in the water so I wouldn’t lose them. 

During the camping trip, I also was able to wear them around camp , and not have to worry about them getting dirty, because I could just hose them off at the end of the day.

1. Dressy Shoes

I know what you’re thinking… dressy shoes???! I promise it works! I just bought my first pair of platform Crocs, and let me tell you, it has been life changing. 

Not only are they white, which makes them feel a little nicer, but they elevate in a similar way to a platform boot or heel would.

I’m not saying you should wear platform Crocs to a job interview, or something where you need to be super professional, but they pair great with a cute skirt or flowy dress!

1. Slippers

Crocs released fuzzy Crocs, and I am madly in love with them. 

They are essentially glorified slippers that you can wear out of the house! 

The crocs themselves look exactly like normal crocs, except you can see a little bit of fuzz coming out of the top.

These are one of my favorite shoes to wear during the winter for a comfy and casual look. They keep my feet nice and cozy, and are super easy to just throw on and go. 

They also work great around the house.

1. Mismatched

San Jose State University’s school colors are blue and yellow, and it just so happens that I have blue and yellow Crocs! Sometimes, when I am feeling wild and crazy, I wear one Croc of each color, to sport both of our school colors. 

I’ve also seen couples where opposite mismatched Crocs. 

So one partner will wear purple on one foot, and blue on the other, and the other partner will do the same, but on the opposite foot. 

I think this is super cute, and as soon as I convince my boyfriend to get a pair of Crocs, this will definitely be in the works.

1. With fun socks

I am a collector of fun socks, and I take every opportunity to show them off. One of my favorite ways to do so is with my Crocs!

They are low rising, which allows for the most amount of sock to be seen, and they go with just about any pattern of sock I have. 

1. With fun Jibbitz

One of the most controversial things about Crocs is the holes they have all over the shoe. Some think it’s cute, while others are firm haters.

The holes allow for you to put fun things on them, and customize your shoe! Jibbitz, come in just about any design you can think of, and can easily be switched out! 

Personally, I color coordinate my Jibbitz, so my yellow Crocs have yellow jibbitz, my blue Crocs have blue jibbitz, and so on and so forth. 

Crocs have always had a special place in my wardrobe, but the more I wear them, and the more fun styles I try, the more in love with them I get. 

Crocs are not for everyone, but if you are on the fence about getting a pair, you should do it. You may even come to find they are the best shoes you’ve ever had.  

What are your thoughts on crocs? Let us know @HerCampusSJSU