This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Valentine’s Day can be a cliché holiday for most people, but it’s also a time for college students to hang out with their date, celebrate the occasion by wearing a red, or chill with their Galentines. Stores are filled with chocolates and teddy bears, and for some reason, it’s one of my favorite holidays that takes me back to my childhood. I get nostalgic thinking about the sweetheart candies and the cards given in paper mailboxes smudged in purple glue stick goo. 

Sometimes I’m not sure what to wear during this day. Are you in the same situation? Don’t fret– here is some outfit inspiration for Valentine’s Day, no matter the occasion.

1. For the girly girl/going out with date or boyfriend:

You could never go wrong with a red sleeveless skater dress with a black leather jacket, in case you are feeling chilly, for a chic date night look. Pair it with some stilettos and you are all set for date night. But you could also never go wrong with a classic tartan skirt with a turtleneck top/sweater. Pair with the skirt with doc martens for a sophisticated look, and add some black tights if you want!

2. For the girl who prefers to relax at home and watch Netflix:

Sometimes, all you want to do is just stay at home, cuddle with your blanket, and watch your favorite rom-com movie. Wear a loose, oversized, heart-print sweater with over-the-knee high socks for a cute relaxed look. The thigh-high socks can come in any color: light grey, dark grey, black, or even burgundy for festive fun!

3. A Valentine’s Lunch/Brunch with friends:

You can never go wrong with a red, burgundy or pink cropped off-the-shoulder top with some skinny jeans and wedges. Or if you are the girl among your friend group who loves to dress business casual, don’t be shy to rock a red blazer.   

Hi! I am Ashna and I am a first year nutrition science major. In my free time, I love to hang out with friends, go out in nature, and walk my golden retriever!
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah