Career

The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide for Broke College Students

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

The holiday season is upon us, which means the stress of finding gifts for everyone you love is also here. With a pandemic going on, it is challenging to shop in person, but there are still many things to buy online with great deals for the holidays! Here is a gift guide for gifts under $50 if you are unsure what to buy:

Jewelry

• A personalized necklace: This is great for girlfriends, sisters and mothers! It’s a great way to give something personal to someone without spending too much money. You can find these on Amazon and other sites as well.
  • Zodiac Sign Necklace: An excellent gift for astronomy and zodiac lovers!
  • Chunky hoop earrings: These come in rose gold, white gold and silver, and are a great add-on to gifts!
  • Butterfly necklace and earring set: Sets make beautiful gifts for people who love jewelry, so check this out (or search “jewelry sets” and find more)!

Home/Living

Technology/Camera

Echo Dot (4th Gen)

Ring light with stand and phone holder: For people who love taking self-timer photos and making TikToks!

Disposable cameras: For camera lovers, this is an inexpensive way to gift them!

Sonix phone cases: These come in many designs and are great protection for phones!

Travel tech organizer

LED Lights

Makeup

Makeup sets make great gifts for anyone who wears makeup. Here are a few I found under $50 at Ulta. You can also check out Sephora for more sets.

For the Men

Here are some gifts to buy for any man in your life

I hope this gave you guidance on what to buy your loved ones for the holidays! Remember that spending quality time with them is also a great gift so try to do so during your time off. Happy Holidays everyone!

My name is Sachi and I'm a Marketing Major at SJSU and I love photography, going on new adventures, and doing anything creative!
Attending San Jose State University and majoring in marketing. I am a nature child who believes that traveling the world, meeting new people, eating good food, and embracing other cultures is a vital part of life. I enjoy painting, hammocking, and exploring Pinterest whenever I get the chance. Find me on Instagram @camytotah