Twisted Wonderland: A Disney Villain Inspired Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

Have you ever wanted to play a game based on villains instead of the heroes?

Enter “Twisted Wonderland”, a magical adventure mobile game by Aniplex of America. Summoned by the Dark Mirror,  you play as the main character that has been transported to Twisted Wonderland. From there, you enroll into the prestigious arcane academy, Night Raven College. As you try to find your way home, you are aided by the mysterious masked headmage. Along the way, you encounter the strange yet talented students of the school’s seven dormitories:

Heartslabyul, based on the Queen of Hearts’ strictness, twisted from “Alice in Wonderland”.

Savanaclaw, based on the King of Beasts (Scar)’s persistence, twisted from “The Lion King”.

Octavinelle, based on the Sea Witch’s benevolence, twisted from “The Little Mermaid”.

Scarabia, based on the Sorcerer of the Sands’ mindfulness, twisted from “Aladdin”.

Pomefiore, based on the Fairest Queen’s tenacity, twisted from “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs”.

Ignihyde, based on the King of the Underworld’s diligence, twisted from “Hercules”.

Diasomnia, based on the Thorn Fairy’s nobility, twisted from “Sleeping Beauty”.

While the game had its official Japanese release back in March of 2020, Disney’s “Twisted Wonderland” had its official English release this year on January 20. The artist, Yana Toboso, is also the creator of the popular manga, “Black Butler”. Engage in rhythm games and RPG-style battles as you try to navigate your way through. “Twisted Wonderland” also has its own manga and an anime coming to Disney+ coming out soon.

As a Disney and fairy tale lover myself, I was enchanted by this the moment I heard about it. The storyline is very interesting and it always left me wanting more. All the characters are so unique and charming, you can’t help but love them. My personal favorite is Ace Trappola from the dormitory of Heartslabyul.

If you want to learn more about Twisted Wonderland, visit it’s official website.

The game is available in both the App Store and the Google Play store for you to download.

Well, White Rabbit, what are you waiting for? 

Let us know how you feel about Twisted Wonderland by tagging us @HerCampusSJSU 

I am a Journalism major at SJSU. I fell in love with it and I hope to travel the world to learn new things and meet new people. I hope one day to have my works published for the world to see. In my free time, I like listening to music while I scroll aimlessly through social media or talking to my friends.