This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at SJSU chapter.

One of the reasons I connected to certain TV shows is because I instantaneously fall in love with that one female character. “That one female character” I’m referring to is the bold, vivacious, and charismatic woman that’s practically in every show. How can you not love them though? They’re typically the most entertaining characters in every show. 

For someone with such a busy schedule, I barely have any free time, but the amount of TV I watch is shocking. I can get through a show quickly and have started to recognize a pattern of these sassy but lovable female characters that embody the “it-girl” archetype in a lot of the shows I watched. The similarities between them have made me think about the differences between them as well and what makes them so unique. 

After psychoanalyzing a bunch of those characters, I realized that it would be fun to match each of them to a sun sign based on their personality and the common stereotypes of the zodiacs. The sun sign that I chose to assign to each character is mostly different from the character’s actual birthday in the show, but that’s also because many writers don’t actually try to match them together. Note that someone’s sun sign isn’t the only influence on their characteristics and that the rest of their natal chart, especially their moon and rising signs, also play a role in their personality, but since this is just for fun, I wanted to keep it short and simple! Here we go!

ARIES: Fallon Carrington from Dynasty

PAOVnnqQGfB6e yUE7wRkGH9Boih7OrP0Am8XhKyLmcI27ng3OY4LdnOQjPDcHXVvJKfXfnjgzmwr4eQWmRrsV5FqaIjjNEJeDzAJZNItAynV6cshIal1vZDA7EgOoU6 kLHpIrj

Fallon is a powerful, ambitious, and competitive entrepreneur who constantly fights to be on top and make a name for herself in the business world. She has a confident demeanor and an incredible fashion sense, just like a true Aries. She’s also hotheaded, self-centered, stubborn, and demanding, once again embodying the Aries stereotype. Her savvy one-liners make her extremely entertaining.

TAURUS: Lorelai Gilmore from Gilmore Girls 

ZgolVqPWp28IAZOoRyIJuYpZt8bqftTB6l2PUQGHjIY

Lorelai is everyone’s comfort character for a reason. Her independence, honesty, and coffee addiction make her a textbook Taurus. She’s a grounded homebody who likes stability (a.k.a starting every morning off at Luke’s diner!), which she balances out with her impulsive, childlike personality and humor. 

GEMINI: Katherine Pierce from The Vampire Diaries

OEZl5il2R1ygRamw1 YY6c8jnFeAZvnn6XwKRTXqI53cfAdZiV8fU2VbGonqbh xeQRDBe52cGiPcZLSy8tcgpljkGuQHkRdzyn1q yNhERpyW6htYmI6HbtFeq9LgLvlp yP2ti

She’s not the Queen of Hell for nothing. Charming, witty, and resourceful, Miss Katerina Petrova knew how to get her way, despite her indecisive nature, which explains why she could never fully decide which Salvatore’s brother she wanted. Katherine is smart and a master manipulator, and encompasses the duality of Geminis when she would pose as Elena from time to time and would be a little too good at it sometimes. 

CANCER: Summer Roberts from The O.C 

49asKUEsrCB8bTZBbUOzZK2NywP403fHa9t3LSAZePyfpHVe

Everyone’s first impression of Summer was probably “just another rich, spoiled girl.” But, as the show progressed, her sweet, romantic, and compassionate side were revealed, especially through her relationship with Seth, which, by the way, is SO cute. Deep down she’s smart, caring, and extremely loyal, even towards Ryan, who she didn’t open up to until a while. Her ever-changing nature makes it hard for others to understand her sometimes.

LEO: Haley Dunphy from Modern Family

Modern Family star unveils dramatic hair transformation

Bubbly, equal parts sass and class, and the life of the party, Haley exudes Leo energy to the max. She’s the type of girl who can enter a room and get all the attention, and actually enjoy it, too. Though a bit ditzy and even airheaded, she’s a natural-born leader, and her dramatic flair makes her super fun to be around. 

VIRGO: Spencer Hasting from Pretty Little Liars

PfVyo0 X3Kx8iwTP H5akQObQMZoOa77VRpa2f1ZGfcYfl7kQO93EkBpDaUcYbDW2REcV7yCk2NTl52v3WqeRCW z7gJ8SJuDgqpF6WTS4sqast cHqPE6l7HX91eEyklNfWeVL

The smartest Liar from the bunch, Spencer screams Virgo because of her persistence, perseverance, and perfectionism. Her mind never stops running and she’s always ready to make a move. You can say she always brings her A-game (if you know, you know). Her sarcasm is also very Virgo-like! 

LIBRA: Jackie Burkhart from That 70s Show

ZQzz OXEIkA7w UCDhVOHLHFx5YR98rzIUBagAFhmQJU4lBhzZdQ0ct3h3G8ddR3s faEZtkLM4JeVnKfGwM 3lD5byzVbGGO7ZnxjDwI9ArJVdnyS dcTmu8BlvdEftwwLvhkkq

Libra, ruled by the planet Venus, is a sign that enjoys true art, beauty, and romance, just like Jackie. Her expensive taste, bright personality, and sociability are factors that make her very much a Libra. Jackie is also very diplomatic, self-righteous, and sure does have a lot to say. 

SCORPIO: Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl 

gQwGkCvgwbGUisTD9NzXO7bXrIC2Bj22RABLOESogcTVROARbSSFBo4KRbbxKT1SuCxHupJSjfOEiLmO7L6mtdxVsD61T0gSDJWuV6AjEqi u0JT0CZViEzmkAM K85XKwuG8I2U

Even the screenwriters agreed that Blair is a Scorpio, as shown through her annual birthday bash occurring in the season of fall. Blair is alluring, well-calculated, and even a bit obsessive and extra, but at least she’s self-aware, which are all Scorpio qualities. Queen of schemes, queen of glamour, and overall a queen bee, she always gets what she wants, and even who she wants. Underneath her cold-hearted exterior, she has a loyal and sensitive core. 

SAGITTARIUS: Maddy Perez from Euphoria

LO9LCiSV YB60EMp sTqlZ1cGV40TCgEO0lhmwcNrSSkajijRh w3kXNJDkHh1K35viJ6iASZ3xviFVktbIIRoRe3K3F3M

Alexia Demie, who portrays Maddy, is a Sagittarius herself, and I find that so funny because she’s just like Maddy the few times she makes a public appearance. Maddy is fiery, assertive, outspoken, and unapologetic, like the typical Sagittarian. She’s also very expressive and has a magnetic personality, but she is always moving and can’t stick to one thing.

CAPRICORN: Rachel Zane from Suits

V7Mg1vdt6OeJCjH5 m4vqSJT5k6WhwhPR7NIQx2ECW38pm3kHNYT5ZJXY 1hxzxZrVZYsO10g1OSIwN9FpzVq1S4fvDxRDXp RFUoG1DzE4 kg0xd FNZPMPP0OxPv

Rachel is a major intellectual and girl boss, as shown through her excellent work ethic. She’s such a Capricorn because she’s detail-oriented and driven to succeed. She’s also very sophisticated, and dresses like it, too. Rachel is skilled and competent at what she does and knows that herself. However, she has a hard time giving herself a break, which is a challenge many Capricorns faces. 

AQUARIUS: Carrie Bradshaw from Sex & the City

GqSEIEwU5KXKP6tdyfxeduPeg

The epitome of an Aquarius woman, Carrie loves her freedom, almost so much to the point where it causes some difficulties in her relationships. Her unconventional outfits, crazy curls, and overall style further fit the label. She makes it work so well, though! Carrie’s also eccentric, exciting, and easygoing. She thrives in a crowd but is best off alone, when she analyzes her life and those around her (no wonder she has her own news column). 

PISCES: Brook Davis from One Tree Hill

zASwHViz79t73wysRT8Hedou0DdiIYtaPFMbIwAJxVKqqem0K1RNUpvb4qs0tAzILQMF3ISnOrqM Ns0W5rL1Jth3JdpTVm59Q b226qM1kK3mzZfKsabBphLSvv0y7vd68yBAIe

One of my personal favorite characters of all time, Brooke has one of the biggest character developments in the history of television. Deeply sensitive, warm-hearted, and empathetic, Brooke defies the “popular party girl” stereotype she was assigned in the beginning of the show and grows to be a strong woman with a successful fashion company. In true Pisces nature, she’s very creative and a huge daydreamer. She’s also very forgiving, especially when it comes to the whole Haley and Lucas situation. Or situations, I should say.

Which character do you share a zodiac sign with? Let us know at @HerCampusSJSU!

hi i'm sruthi! i'm a business administration major at san jose state university. i love art, fashion, beauty, film, traveling, & self-care. i also happen to love writing about all of these things. you can find me on instagram @sruthisingamsetty ♡